The Summer Offers Friendship

The boy was a few feet shy of tallness. He did not appear older than his age and seemed to be vigorously incredulous with his movements. For quite a while, Taehyung has spent a disconcerting amount of time staring at his puckering lips and meandering gazes. 

His eyes were of another intensity,  filled with a fascinating exuberance that light up at the slightest of provocation. Teahyung is certain the eyes will react in tantalising fashion no matter the provocation he uses. 

And he finally understands then, why Jimin had obstinately refused to fawn over the boy. Frankly, he also felt envious of his appeal. Taehyung however, loved art more than anything, so he dismisses his doubts, more than willing to abandon all pride just for a longer glimpse of the boy's graceful beauty.

Contrary to Jimin's biased insights and definitive denial, Taehyung is more than willing to admit, with no hesitance, that the boy owned the prettiest set of eyes he has ever gazed upon. And yet those guarded eyes seemed more intent to cast him a cautious look, clearly unsettled with the prolonged staring.

Taehyung takes notice of it and wishes to retort with a sincere apology but instead he only manages to say,

"Pretty."

Teahyung's voice drawls out in a drooling manner. His one, scarcely formed phrase emitting a strangled sound from the boy in front of him, grasping tightly on the creaking threshold of his bare room. Jungkook fumbles at an incredible speed, scrambling to the nearest pile of bloated blankets. He is evidently taken aback by the word sent his way. 

The sudden interference in his once daunted state has made for one amusing giggle, a soft, unspoken tease intended for the boy  cowering beneath his sheets.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung treads faster than the child's trembling nerves, already peering through the fluffy duvet with his own bent knees. He burries himself further into the hollowed space, squinting his eyes at the dinned lighting. When Jungkook gasps quietly at the intrusion, Taehyung only laughs.

"Don't be scared," He says, almost pleading.

He realises the boy is unwilling to do just that. Taehyung could only surmise that he was being regarded with scrutiny. The idea unappealing, so he tries again, this time with a warmer accent.

"I won't hurt you," The child whispers. He thrusts both hands forward, creasing the sheet with his bare toes. The older  cups his frisky hands over Jungkook's wobbly cheeks, he adds a radiant grin, feels the boy slacken in his palms and lean further into his hold.

Taehyung lowers his voice as he continues, "I promise."

Jungkook nods gently, shocked by his own willingness. He chooses to stare back with trusting eyes, not wanting to mean offense. He is careful with it, not too open with his genuine curiosity.

Taehyung loves the bit of trust anyway. "Do you want to see something cool?"

Jungkook's interest is piqued, his guarded stance no longer apparent. He nods with curiosity, his inquisitiveness prowling at him to seek whatever Taehyung seems to promise as entertainment. Slowly, he pries off the blankets. He sits up, frail body buzzing with unconfined excitement.

Taehyung's eyes beam at his action. He sits in the same slouching manner, body lax. His hands no longer lay on Jungkook's reddened cheeks, but they still  remain warm even as Taehyung shifts away from them. Then, without warning, he grazes the air with two raised fingers. Jungkook follows the older's motions, oblivious to the steam that quietly exuded from his elbows. 

In a fleet-footed execution, Taehyung was able to discharge a scarcely lit fire at the center of his palm. It posed as a magic show for the boy, glowing brighter and brighter. Jungkook examines the scene with unfiltered anticipation, admiring the way the flame flickers just above the boy's fingers. He stares in awe, daunted by the display.