In This Arena, Only The Best Remains

They come back unclothed - some leftover fur grazing on their naked ankles. Lilliana quickly fusses over the two young men, fire steaming off her own palms with great intensity to both chide and comfort their shivering bodies. She fumbles an apology when Jungkook whines about a blister from her overheating -shushing him quickly with a pinch.

Master Sejin begrudgingly offers them their share of blankets, eyes torn between aiding his partner with the scolding and simply staring them down with a barely contained boredom (the man too accustomed to all sorts of mischief).

"It was just a run! We do it all the time, Lilliana."

Taehyung winces from the slap on his back, his eyes twitching with a gleeful tease. He chuckles in response even when Lilliana rambles on, not so wary of his unbothered state, guiding his eyes instead to the boy beside him who seems to be invested in whatever the woman was chattering about. Taehyung knows his expression is unreadable and he's beyond grateful for it. Now that he's able to gaze at the younger without any worry there's much he can note of the boy's features. From the moles that peek extravagantly on his gleaming skin, to his thinly-shaped lips, glazed with a sweetness so far from this world.

It's undeniable how often he stares at people, the hyungs having remarked him for it. Thankfully, he's never judged -never wronged for something he couldn't manage. The people had been well-informed about how bounded the man was to his artistic appreciation (which at times was borderline obsessive) and it shows with the ample amount of paintings hung around his room (just as outlandish as the pieces he splurges on).

And even now, he projects that habit -knowing well that Jungkook deserves his attention, because his articulate preferences align with his existence and simply because Jungkook is art.

"Hyung?"

-He stares, longingly until Jungkook's timid question punches him back to reality and away from oblivion.

"Hm?"

"I had fun tonight." Jungkook's eyes bear no sin, but his gaze is so apparent it's almost unforgiving.

Taehyung gulps at his husky giggle, the boy having howled so freely that it battled all of his wolf's growls. He only shuffles closer to the younger, skin flushed from the close contact.

"Me too, Kookie." He says instead, scared his voice may break from the deafening thumping of his chest.

-

"You've been spending a lot of time together." Jimin phrases his accusation with an unrecognisable tone.

Taehyung doesn't let the unfamiliarity unnoticed, keen on his brother's quick breathing.

"Come again?" Taehyung quirks an eyebrow, his gaze piercing into Jimin's being.

"N-nothing." Jimin stutters.

In the dimly lit room, sparse flare to cats shadows -Taehyung sits by the leather seat, back reclined. His elbow rests atop the long arm of the chair, feet crossed at the edge of the wooden table. Jimin winces at the man's muddied boots, praying for his brother's welfare once Lilliana finds tracks of it inside the sophisticated hollows of her beloved table.

"Is it bothering you?" Taehyung starts again, a little playful.

"Well, yes." Jimin pouts. "I feel excluded most of the times."

The younger of the two looks a little affronted, unsure of how to proceed. Jimin's saunters toward his direction with squeaky leather boots, placing his legs on the younger's lap with a graceful plop.

"You don't like the outdoors." Taehyung explains, throat heavy with wine. Jimin notes of his apparent tipsiness but doesn't comment on it. He only lifts a finger, pulling a blob of red liquor to. He lets them float midair, before imbibing the last of Taehyung's drink.