Tonight, We Call Upon Our Hearts To Beat

The resounding footsteps whirl around with a sign of anger. The dimming lights of Southwest Halls groaning with the strut of one, just as frustrated, Jungkook. His knees twist in disdain and roar with bitterness. The unparalleled precision of his movement obliging unwillingly to the winter's cold. His bare shoulders huff in tension, collarbones clattering with popped veins. Despite the fearsome swagger he portrays, his eyes remain the most unwelcoming. No longer is he kind with his lips, nor was he any bit of modest with the way he greets the knights posted at the pillars.

Jungkook paces in haste, skirt dangling around his waist and hanging low with no respite from the rigorous motion.

A moment too late before Namjoon winces at his heels, piercing like daggers with every clicking step he dares towards the unsuspecting wooden doors. He wishes to speak but he is only left breathlessly unsure of what to say -not when he knows he's a few seconds out of rhythm in Jungkook's parade. With that unrest, he is left only a mere twenty inches of distance, the baffling difference surprising no one. When Namjoon leans forward to gain his lost breathing, he chances upon the icy remnants of Jungkook's rage. He hesitates another step, sweat sticking to his shivering skin, no longer as passionate in fastening his strides.

The knights gulp with worry, staring at both figures with pursed and promising the halls with a bit of silence. Their armors shake in opposition. The icy flakes creak towards their metal boots and spread like branches across their chest plates.

The ice burns. It burns so painfully that Namjoon has to work swiftly in response to it, getting aid from a few wind-elements to blow some of the coldness away. With a deep exhales, the older prince was able to heat up his air -breaking most of the frozen cones of crystal water.

"Kook!" He wails in shock, the younger now a great feet of distance from him.

Namjoon's protest goes unheeded, battled by the loud screeching of wood against marble. The doors opened unceremoniously, disrupting the meeting.

"You know, there's a reason the doors are locked." Yoongi is the first to speak. He averts his gaze towards Namjoon's direction, tone low. "You couldn't wait to tell him after the meeting?"

"And let you guys decide anymore ridiculous demands?" Jungkook answers for him, his voice is cold, far from the lulling melodies and sweet giggles he so lovingly used.

"They're not demands, Kook -we're doing this for you." Seokjin explains. He takes his place near the Master's seat, arms folded.

"A competition?!" Jungkook replies with a shriek, skin flushed with nothing but animosity. "As if I haven't been paraded enough!"

Yoongi frowns at his brother's expression. He speaks softly to cajole the younger. "Jungkook, we can't always have the best alternative. The mediators may be in our favour but not to a corrupted extent."

"Everything about this is corrupted!"

"Kookie, we hate this as much as you do, believe me. Whatever happens is up to what the mediators find most pleasing to both sides." Hoseok interrupts, hands that were once peacefully resting atop the Master's chair now leans at his elbow. Jungkook squints at his words and bristles. The action makes Hoseok hiss at his element, ice prodding into his gloved hands. Hoseok gingerly backs away, nursing his blue fingertips with the help of Taehyung's fire.

"Jungkook, we want what's best for you but we also want what's best for the situation. This doesn't change anything about how we see you as a person. 'Parading' you is the last thing we want."