Let's Build An Empire With Our Bodies

In truth, no battle actually begins. Seokjin knows there are prior requirements to be made, and that they wouldn't have this much advantage for the proceedings of the event for nothing. Absolutely not - Jungkook deserves far better than a sloppy management in his own ceremony (no matter how horrid the term). And Seokjin has fought for and against the youngest.  At this very moment then, Seokjin has only one priority to accomplish.

Thirty candidates present themselves with fortitude and surety. The confidence seems imprenatable, so steadfast and determined that Seokjin for sure wouldn't question. He shouldn't. But Seokjin is no kind man -he doubts. He does not let himself be swayed by their guises, all so garish and daring that it almost makes you stare in awe. 

The candidates line up and extend to an admirable circle, so organised and uniform Seokjin almost scoffs at the alphas' predictability. Even Taehyung, the epitome of uncanniness, seems to be innately bounded by the 'system'.

"Some system," The man utters out loud, he takes off a vial from his tight pockets. "Let's see how far that facade can go."

The beta pops off the cork with his element, dragging a small blob of blue liquid from the small brim. Seokjin stands proudly from his chair, then with a whistle he calls upon a large wave. The wave does not disrupt the stands, audience still dry and safe. Seokjin guides it above them, gliding across the air and far from the people's heads. Hoseok looks at him with a supportive smile while Yoongi nags at his unnecessary act.

"People need more entertainment." Seokjin yells, right before he crosses the wide platform and jumps off the railings (not surprising Jungkook despite his whopping transition) and landing atop the running waves. With a bow to the pleased crowd, he brings himself down to the centre of the alphas' circle.

"Now then," the beta begins, "Thirty candidates have made it this far before the screening. I'm impressed, I expected less."

The blank faces morph into offended scowls. Seokjin simply continues with his speech.

"For this beginning level, we have prepared a different challenge. Might be a little unorthodox seeing as some of you are not aware of such a challenge in the first place." Seokjin raises the blob of water floating just above his shoulder. "You see this? This will be your enemy. Not the ones beside you but this little, squishy thing. I won't tell what it does but I can only give you a clue."

"And why is that?" A woman speaks. She's a mere distance ahead of her competitors. She stands tall despite her height, form straight with chest out. "That's a bit unfair, isn't it? Your house gets to make the call and now you're turning it into some complex system -"

"And should we not?" Seokjin intervenes, "How can we see your worth?"

The female alpha flinches from the older's cold tone, she knits her brows to show suspicion - to dare. The action impresses Seokjin.

"No, I'm more than worthy," She replies, "I'm simply suspecting the injustice your house is giving this gathering."

Jimin makes a harsh move, ready to pounce. Taehyung holds him back by the elbow. For now, they seethe in silence.

"Injustice for you maybe," Seokjin shoots back, "It's not as if parading my own brother to some alpha is a form of injustice at all."

The woman wishes to rebut more, to call out the unfairness in his argument. Seokjin is aware he is appealing to the crowd's pity, but he doesn't regret the decision one bit. His attempt wasn't futile however, as it does leave an impact to the other candidates. If their eyes waver with sympathy, there is a higher probability that Jungkook may be in good hands.