Chapter Five

Hallo! Lately I've been down in the dumps because people tend to let me down and, well, drag me behind them as they drive. So I dedicate this chapter to pizzaluver because she's awesome. Thanks for being you! Read on...

---------------------------------

Niall's POV

I was afraid to fall asleep, because Sylvia had been vomiting more than breathing. She was asleep, but I stayed awake. She looked peaceful for five minutes. Then she sat bolt upright and heaved, and within seconds I had the bucket under her chin and she was vomiting again. Damn cemo. She finished this episode, and leaned back. "I'm sorry." she muttered, and she was out faster than I was after eating an entire all you can eat buffet. I smiled a little. I put down the bucket and closed my eyes. I needed to sleep. I checked on Sylvie one last time, then went to put Harry or someone on puke bucket duty.

Liam's POV

I sat in the waiting room alone, because the other boys had gone home to sleep. I wasn't tired. Niall came out of Sylvie's room looking like he was ready to fall over and die. I stood up. "Hey, Liam, I'm about to keel over, would you mind manning the puke bucket while I get some sleep? I'll just be on a cott next to her bed." He sounded dead, too. "'Course. What are brothers for?" I said, and he smiled. That made me feel good. He glanced into the room and ran in, grabbing the puke bucket as he went.

I followed him in, and what greeted me was not the prettiest sight. Niall was holding back Sylvia's hair and had the bucket under her chin as she spewed. I grimaced, knowing soon, Niall's duty would be mine. I loved Sylvia like a sister, but I didn't expect to, you know, help her vomit from cemo while she laid in a hospital bed.

Niall did look slightly dead though, and when Sylvia had finished, he basically collapsed onto the cott nest to her bed. I took over his spot, sitting next to Sylvia in a chair by the door. "Hey." I said, smiling, when I realized her eyes were still open. She grinned shakily back. "Hi, Liam." she said, shifting carefully. "How're you feeling?" I asked for conversational reasons, and because I was worried. I had never heard anyone throw up so much in my life.

"I could be better. I just wish the nausea would go away. It takes it's toll, you know?" she said, rubbing her forhead. I nodded. "You want some water?" I asked, taking a water bottle off the bedside table. She nodded, and I handed her the bottle. She took a long swig. I smiled, and she fell asleep.

Niall's POV

I jolted awake to morning sun glaring in my face and Harry shaking my shoulder. I yelped and jumped fourty feet into the air. I became aware of a creaking sound coming from Sylvia's bed, and when I looked over, she was convulsing repeatedly. I Jumped up and rolled her on her side as her eyes rolled back in her head. I was about to start crying when doctors and nurses ran in and started working on her. We were shoved out of the room, and I burst into tears. I knew I was overreacting, but Seeing my girlfriend have a seizure wasn't on my list of things to do today.

About 15 mintues later, they came out and said we could go in, but her memory might have been affected. It would all come back eventually, but she needed time to recover. I was about to drop dead right there. I walked in tentitivly. Sylvia was laying there with tears rolling down her cheeks. She looked up at me. "H-hi Niall." she said, stretching a hand out towards me. I took it and sat in the chair next to her. I kissed each of her fingertips in turn, and that made her laugh. "Stop it, that tickles!" she giggled. I smiled, because she was happy. I did it again, and she laughed. I sighed, and she curled up. She was tired but I could tell she needed music to fall asleep. I started singing.

Oceans apart, day after day

And I slowly go insane,

I hear your voice on the line,

But it doesn't stop the pain,

If I see you next to never,

But how can we say forever,

Wherever you go, whatever you do,

I will be right here waiting for you,

Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks,

I will be right here waiting for you.

It seemed to fit, but I don't know how much she liked it, because the second I started singing she was asleep. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is short, but I was having large ammounts of writers block and I have pressure from my beta reader to write more in another story, so... Anyway, bye my carrots! I shall from thsi day forth call you my carrots. It fits. Luv u Louis!