Chapter Eight

Hello my carrots! Sorry bout the late update, I was grounded and I had fifteen tons of homework, so I just now had the urge to update. Am I the only one who reads through their own stories and then almost comments begging for an update? I didn't mean to, but I wanted to read my story start to what I have done, and it was better than I thought it was. Anyway, I'll dedicate this to passant26 who has the same skill I do, which is tripping over flat surfaces. GRACEFULNESS!!!!!!!!!! Izzy, I'ma stick your character in this chapter cause I keep forgetting. HERE IS CHAPTER EIGHT!!!

------------------------------------

Niall's POV

Liam and the rest of the boys came back bald, and the doctors walked out of Sylvie's room and straight past us, deep in conversation. I looked up at them helplessly, and they kept walking. I shook my head and Liam put his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off. "I'ma get some food." I muttered. It felt like I hadn't eaten in days and it wouldn't help Sylvie for me to sit slowly starving to death in the waiting room. I stepped up to the lift and pressed the down button. The lift dinged and it opened. Inside was a black haired, green tear stained eyed girl who looked about 16, maybe 17. "You okay?" I ask, stepping into the lift.

"No, my boyfriend has luekimea." she snaps.

"Join the club, my girlfriend has brain cancer." I fire back. She puts her head in her hands.

"Look, I'm sorry I snapped, I haven't slept since Monday." her muffled voice came from between her fingers.

"It's allright. I'm Niall by the way." I said, nudging her shoulder. She looked up shyly and smiled.

"Gina. Nice to meet you. You headed to the cafe?" she asked. I nodded. "I don't really wanna be all alone. Will you eat with me?" she says sheepishly. I have a feeling she and Sylvie will be great friends when she wakes up. I grin.

"Sure thing short stack." I tease.

"I am not that short!"

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"Are too." We go on like that till the lift hits bottom. We step out and walk to the cafe, talking and laughing like we had known eachother for years.

We went up to order our food, and being a girl she got a salad. Being me... well lets just say a salad wouldn't keep me busy for long. "I'll have four peices of pizza, two bags of crisps, four packs of carrots, and a Coke." I said to the person taking orders. They gave me my food and I paid, then Gina and I went to sit and eat. Gina gingerly nibbled her salad while I scarfed down my food in 15 minutes. She laughed and finished her salad.

We exchanged numbers and parted ways on the fourth floor. I stepped out and waved goodbye. She waved back as the doors closed. Suddenly my phone buzzed. I pulled it out and saw it was from Gina.

'From: Short Stack

To: Nialler

Hey, text me when your girl wakes up. I'd love to meet her!'

I laughed and texted back.

'From: Nialler

To: Short Stack

Will do. See ya later G.'

I put my phone in my pocket and made my way to Sylvia's room. Harry was standing outside the room in tears, and Louis was trying in vain to comfort him. I walked over, concerned. "What's wrong?" I ask, putting a hand on Harry's shoulder. Harry looked up at me, his eyes red and puffy. "They found out what type of cancer she has." he said, wiping his eyes. "What kind?" I ask, clenching my free hand. "Astrocytoma." he says. I shake my head. "Oh, Sylvie." I murmer, walking over to a spot with relative privacy. I send Gina a text.