Part 2-First day

Amy woke up earlier than she usually does. There was so much tension in her head. Her agony didn't help her to start her day calmly.

In the closet, there was a light blue and a black maid uniform. The light blue one was for casual situations, of course.

She made her long dark hair into a bun and tried the uniform. She felt it really soft and clean. 

Going upstairs, there was a man next to the pool.

"Hello," she said in a low voice.

"Oh! You must be the new maid. I'm Garrett. The gardener." he said with a hand gesture.

The man was in his middle thirties. While he was speaking, she noticed his well-shaped mouth and straight white teeth. 

"I'm Amy. I had no idea there was a gardener too."

"Of course. I'm the black sheep here. Nobody talks about me."

"They...they don't like you?"

"Let's say that they don't like me for no reason."

"Do you live here?"

"God, no. I am coming here three times a week. That's all. Will you be permanent here?"

"I guess. It's my first day." 

"Oh. I see. Well, then I should not delay you. Have a nice start!"

"Thanks. See you." 

They politely smiled at each other and then she moved into the living room.

"Amy, you came very early." Sarita noticed.

"I couldn't wait, so...is it ok?"

"No problem. If you want to do something help me with breakfast."

"Me? I thought I would clean the bathrooms."

"Oh, you have time for these. Besides, you won't clean them all. Mr. Sutton only uses two of them. "

"But Elicia told me that-"

"Oh, that you are not allowed to clean them. Well, these rules are for Elicia. She has a crush with him so I told her not entering in his private spaces. But I know what kind of girl you are and you can help me with these rooms. That's why I called you. I'm so tired lately."

"I see." 

Mr. Sutton's breakfast included a vegetable and fruit smoothies with two slices of whole-grain and honey. 

"Just to inform you, the smoothies are to be energetic while he is exercising. He usually goes downstairs for half an hour. After that he has a shower, so his suit must be ready on his bed to change. His dirty clothes go to the laundry and the sheets."

"Do we have to change sheets daily?"

"Yes, even if he doesn't come back home, we change them. One day is white. The next one is light grey."

Amy couldn't hold her laugh. There were lots of pieces of information, so she wondered what she would have to learn if the guy had a family.

"Do you think I need a notebook? I should keep notes." she joked.

"You don't. You will get used to these in a week."

Garrett got inside with his clothes in dirt and Sarita's face turned red. 

"Why are you here Garrett? Now I'll have to clean the dirt from your shoes from the floor before Mr.Sutton comes here."

"Jesus, there isn't anything on the floor. This guy has all made you have OCD."