Part 9 -Halloween

It was Sunday and it was Amy's first month in Sutton's house. After their meeting in his office, she hadn't achieved to see him or talk to him. Besides, he got Marvin for anything he needed.

Today, it would be her first payment. She had no idea what she would do with the money but she felt so relieved to know that she was independent and away from her father.

Maybe she would call Mary to go out.
It wasn't a crime to live a little. After all, she was a young woman, so she deserved to spend her day off outside and not alone in the bedroom.

"Good morning, Sarita," she said while entering the kitchen dressed in casual clothes.

"Good morning my child. Today you aren't working, huh? Neither Mr. Sutton. You know he informed us that he is having dinner with Claudia tonight."

" Thank god I don't work today then." she murmured.

"Do you have any problem with Miss Simpson?"

"No, of course not. It's just that it's Halloween and I thought to go out with a friend tonight."

"Good for you. But would you do me a favor?"

"Alright."

"Well, Elicia is very lonely lately, so if you could take her tonight with you it would be great."

Amy didn't have the best relationship with Elicia. She kept saying that she was fancying Carter. That wasn't a false idea but it was not of Elicia's concern.

Every day the image of him was getting more and more intense in her head. One day as she was cleaning his office, she found a photo of him in a drawer. She dared to steal it and kept it. It was all wrong but she couldn't think clearly. He was invading in her dreams every single night.

Sarita was a kind woman and she couldn't deny her the favor. Helping her come to Los Angeles was the best thing that happened to her and she had to show how grateful she was.

"She can come with us. Tell her to be ready at ten o'clock."

"You are such a good girl, Amy."

Carter's figure showed in the living room dressed in a white top and a black uniform. He took a seat on the sofa and took his laptop with him. He didn't use to work or rest in there.

"Would you bother to ask him if he needs anything?" Sarita said.

"Where's Marvin?"

"Don't ask. He's ill."

"So you will be all alone today?"

"That isn't new to me."

"I'll go ask him. Don't worry. I'll help you a little before I go."

"No. It's your day off. Go wherever you have planned."

Amy smiled at her and walked towards Carter. The man raised his head to see her.

"Amy," he said and a satisfying light came into his eyes. Or she thought it was.

"Would you like anything, sir?"

"A cup of coffee would be great."

"Right away."

"Amy?"

"Yes, sir."

"Why aren't you wearing your uniform?"

"It's my day off, sir. I just wanted to help Sarita cause Marvin is ill."

"So who is going to serve my dinner tonight?"

"Sarita, I guess."

"I'd like you to do that."