The Two Homes

'Slit' "Ow..." Mikey silently hissed under his breath. He was sitting on his bed with his nunchuck blade in hand. The blood slowly dripped from his arm to the floor. He watched the blood as if it were his favorite tv show. He's been cutting himself for four years now. He didn't know why, but he couldn't stop. He knows Nora doesn't like seeing him hurt, but he still can't stop. Raph punched him in the face like that again. Raph was such a hothead! Mikey couldn't stand it! He was just doing what he was told! Why couldn't his brother understand that?

Flashback~

The seventeen year old Turtle was sitting in the Dojo with his eighteen  year old Brothers and Sensei. Today, they would spar against each other. Master Splinter looked at his sons thoughtfully. He pointed to Leo. "Leonardo, Donatello." He pointed to Donnie. Then, he pointed at Raph. "Raphael, Michelangelo." He pointed at Mikey and gave a reassuring glance. Mikey nodded and headed to his standing point. Raph stood in front of him. They took their fighting positions and waited. "Yamjime!"

Mikey heard Splinter yell. Raph charged at Mikey with his sais in his hands. Mikey lept over Raph and dodged the attack. Mikey turned around and hit Raph's shell, causing Raph to trip on his foot. Raph then spun around and threw punches at Mikey. Mikey dodged them all. He took Raph's arm, lifted it over Mikey's head, and slammed Raph onto the carpeted floor. Splinter yelled, "Yajime!" Mikey stood straight and took a breath. He looked over to see that Donnie had won.

Leo and Donnie looked at Mikey shocked. Raph slowly stood up, rage boiling in his body. He faced Mikey and punched him in the face. Mikey looked at Raph shocked, before being pushed on the ground. Mikey's vision blurred as he saw Raph on top of him, getting ready to punch Mikey again. Mikey managed to get his feet on Raph's plastron and launched Raph foward. Raph fell on his butt with a shocked expression. Everyone's eyes widened. Mikey stood up and walked out of the Dojo. He had a dull expression on his Lime Green features.

End of Flashback~

'Why do they always hurt me?!' Mikey thought frantically. 'They won't listen!' 'It hurts!' 'I want to die already!' That last thought made Mikey stop. He took out his T-phone and turned it on. The homescreen showed him and Nora. Mikey had chocolate on his face and Nora was licking it off. Mikey slowly smiled, remembering that night. Mikey stood up and grabbed his coat, pants, gloves, hat, and scarf. He quietly opened his door and looked out. No one was in the main room. He quietly left the lair to go topside.

It was winter and Mikey decided to head to Nora's place for the evening. The entire appartment building knew about Mikey. They didn't fear him, however. They loved him! They treated him the way his Brothers rarely treated him. He enjoyed baking with some of the people there. He would go to a secret fishing place with some of the adults there. He taught the kids how to defend themselves. He helped take care of the people in that building. They always loved his playful demeanor. Even when he was sad, he would still cheer everyone up. Their happy made him happy.

He walked into the building to be greeted by an elderly lady. Everyone called her, "Mama". Her hair was snow white while her skin was a peach color. She wore a fluffy grey coat with the name, "Mama" on the back. She wore navy blue sweat pants, with black boots. She never opened her eyes, but could still see Mikey. She smiled sweetly at the Turtle. "Hello, Deary!" The elderly lady said softly. Mikey smiled at her and said, "Greetings, Mama!" He hugged the elderly lady. Once he let go, she looked concerned. Mikey frowned. "Are you alright, Mama?" Mikey asked, concern filling his voice. She looked at him for a moment before answering. "Have your Brothers been beating you again...?" She asked worriedly. He slowly brought his hand to his left cheek. He flinched. He felt it sting his face. He looked back down to Mama, who had a sad look. He smiled, recieving a confused look from Mama. "I'm fine, Mama! Raph just needs to control his temper." Mikey stated with a smile. Mama looked at Mikey with a pout. She sighed and sat down. Mikey sat down next to her. She looked at him with a sly grin. Mikey raised an invisible brow at her. "You know, Deary, Nora has been living alone. How about you move in with her and give me Grand babies?" Mama asked mischievously. Mikey's face turned a dark Crimson. He looked forward with a face that said, 'Goodness!'.

She began to giggle. They both stood up and said their goodbyes. As Mikey was walking to the stairs, he heard Mama speak. "Remember, if that home isn't safe for you, you can always move here. It's much safer and much more fun!" Mama gave him a reassuring smile and he smiled back. He went to the stairs until he made it to the second to top floor. He walked all the way to door 281. He lightly knocked. A female voice said, "Come in!". Mikey opened the door and was greeted by the smell of Vanilla. The room felt very warm. On the counter towards his right, he saw several plates with many cookies. Santas, Deer, Wreaths, Bells, ect. He smiled at this. He shut the door behind him and walked to his right, passing the fridge.

There, stood a dark haired human girl. She looked to be Mikey's age. Her hair was in a high ponytail. She was wearing a Red, Green, and White dress with Golden buttons and Green pockets. She was rolling out what looked to be cookie dough. She had smears of Flour on her cheeks. Mikey quietly stood behind her and grabbed her by the waist. She jumped slightly and turned her head. She sighed in relief. "Geez, Mikey, you gave me quite the scare." Nora stated playfully. She turned around fully and kissed Mikey. Mikey kissed her back. Their mini make out session was put on hold when they heard small giggles.

When the two teens turned their heads towards the door, they saw a small boy with a huge smile. He had peach colored skin and Chocolate colored hair. His eyes were Emerald Green. His pupils looked like a four slit star. He wore a Red shirt with Green cuffs on it. He was wearing Green pants with a black belt. His shoes looked like armor boots, the colors were Green and Red. Mikey and Nora began to blush and released each other. "H-hey, Cherry! What did Auntie Nora say about knocking?" Nora gave the small one a small smile. That smile shook when Cherry said something. "The turtles that look like Mikey said he has to go home!" Cherry stated innocently. He started to frown when he heard himself say it. "Aww! That's not fair..." Cherry said with a tear in his eye. He hung his head down low. Nora grabbed the boy to comfort him.

Mikey looked up to see his Brothers in the doorway. Leo gave a look of disappointment, Donnie gave a look of sternness, and Raph gave his regular scold. Mikey stood straight and turned to Nora. "I'll see if I can talk to you later..." Mikey stated, saddened by the situation. "That won't be happening anytime soon." Leo stated coldly. Mikey felt a chill run up his spine from that comment. He looked back at Nora and mouthed an, 'I'm sorry'. She nodded her head with a smile. Mikey gave a small smile before walking past his Brothers. He stopped, turned around, and spoke. "Get out of her home..." Mikey stated with a low angered sound. His Brothers turned around with shock on their faces. After they walked out of her appartment, Nora closed the door with one last glance at Mikey. Mikey sighed and walked towards the stairs.

The walk home was awkward. Mikey hadn't said a word, which seemed odd to the other three Turtles. Usually, Mikey would try to get rid of this awkward silence somehow. Right now, however, he was silent. Even more so than a mouse. They walked through many sewer tunnels, until they reached home. Mikey hopped down the stairs that led into his 'home'. Before he could walk to his room, Leo stopped him. Mikey turned around slowly, but not too slow. Leo raised his hand out and said, "T-phone. Now." Mikey looked at him as if he were stupid. Donnie gave Mikey a confused look. Raph was impatient. "Well?! He wants the T-phone, NOW!" Raph shouted. Splinter left the Dojo to see his four sons. "It is in my room." Mikey said dully. Even his eyes looked a little dull. Leo ignored this. He glared at Mikey. "Go get it and bring it here." Leo said as calmly as he could. Mikey rolled his eyes and walked to his room. After he retrieved his phone, he gave it to Leo. Mikey basically shoved it into Leo's plastron. Leo sighed. "Now, we want you to know that we are doing this because we care about you." Leo stated. 'Lies'. Mikey thought. 'They all lie just to make me stay here in Hell'. He just stood there, unresponsive. Donnie looked a bit concerned with this. Raph  had a hint of worry showing on his face. "Mikey... Ya gotta answer Leo." Raph stated calmly. Mikey looked at Raph, then back to Leo. Mikey walked to his room. He slammed his door shut. Everyone, even Splinter was concerned about this demeanor. The room was quiet. So quiet, that they began to hear ringing. "Leo, we should see if anyone else knows about us through Mikey's phone." Donnie stated. Leo looked at Donnie and nodded. They walked to Donnie's lab while Raph went to his room to feed Spike. Splinter stood there and sighed. This was going to be a LONG period of silence.

Well... Way to ruin the moment, guys! This one is sad. Hopefully Mikey doesn't stay like this FOREVER. He loves Nora, yet his Brothers are blind to it. Rude. 😑😤😑