The Love that was Almost Lost

'Ring'  'Ring'

"Mikey?!" He could hear the worry and relief in Nora's voice. He smiled softly. "Hey, Nora..." Mikey stated smoothly. He needed to tell her this, NOW. "Nora, I love you. I don't know what I'd do without you. I know you never wanted me to suffer, nor die. I can't handle things anymore..." Mikey paused before Speaking again. "So, I've decided to tell you how much I love you before I left. I love you more than going to the moon and back. You are the energy that I will always need in my Life. You keep me going. Even when I want to die, you still pull me away from the edge. I never ended my Life because I knew how you would've felt, knowing I was gone. I know you said you would die with me, and I believe you. I wouldn't know what to do if you died, whether it'd be before or after me. I know that I would blame myself for it, and I would be with you. I know I've said this more than once, but oh well. I love you, Nora... I really, REALLY do...!" Mikey stated lovingly. He took a few breathers. He just barely heard her breathing quicken. He looked confused. He was about to say her name, when he heard a door slam behind him. He turned around to see Nora. She was wearing her grey jacket with the top part unzipped. She was wearing her long, grey pants with a black belt. Lastly, she had tears in her beet red, puffy eyes. She had her hands on her knees while breathing heavily. Mikey gave her a disbelieving look. "Nora... What are you doing up here...?" Mikey asked with sadness in his tone. She slowly walked to Mikey, having placed her phone in her pocket. He stood there, confused for however long. Once they were a few inches apart, she spoke. "Mikey... I love you, too!" Nora yelled the last part and grabbed Mikey. She kissed him on the lips with a burning passion.

He stood there, shocked. Then, he melted into the kiss, slowly closing his eyes. He grabbed Nora's waist and pulled her closer to him. He turned his head slightly to deepen the kiss. He licked Nora's top lip, asking for permission to go further. She opened her mouth and they began to fight for dominance. At first, Nora was winning. After that, Mikey had won.

They parted so that they could breathe. They stared at each other lovingly for a few minutes. After a while, Nora spoke. "Well... Was THAT convincing enough for you to stay...?" Nora asked dizzily. Mikey held back a laugh. Her eyelids were half open, she had a smile on her face, and a blush that went to her ears. Mikey stood there, taking in the beauty before him. 'Thank you, God, for giving me the best gift ever.' Mikey thought to himself. Mikey grinned, thinking of a plan. "Honestly, that was VERY convincing. However, maybe we should do it again; Just to be certain." Mikey stated seductively. The two grinned at each other.

Before they could kiss, however, they heard someone's voice. "Bleh! You two need to get a room!" Mikey recognized that voice. He turned his head to the right and saw his Brothers and Father. His eyes went wide. Leo had a face that said, 'I'm so scared'. Raph was covering his eyes as his nose was bleeding. Donnie had a blush on his face with a look that said, 'What has my Life become'. Splinter just looked at the couple with a small smile. As in, the same smile Mama gave them when she would talk about babies with them. Nora had the same thought as Mikey and blushed a deep scarlet.

Mikey then held Nora protectively. He began to growl softly, as if he was telling his family to back off. Leo, Raph, and Donnie slowly backed up behind Splinter. Splinter, however, was still giving Mikey and Nora that smile, Just standing there with his arms folded in front of him. As if on cue, another familiar voice spoke. "I'm getting grand babies soon, aren't I?" Nora looked behind her to see Mama standing in front of the doorway. Mikey and Nora blushed an even darker scarlet than before. They didn't know what else to do, really. Everyone was silent.

After standing there for a good two minutes, the two looked back at Mikey's family. Mikey, who was starting to calm down, spoke softly. "You're not going to lock me up again, are you...?" Mikey asked, sorrow clearly in his voice. He looked like he was ready to cry. Nora held him tighter than before. Mama stood there, examining the expressions on Mikey's family. Splinter spoke first. "No, my son. We came to see if you were alright. We understand that it was wrong of us to do that to you. We are sorry for keeping you away from your  'mate'." Splinter stated kindly. He emphasized the word, 'mate' in a soft tone. (Splinter shouldn't say sorry, because he didn't agree with doing this :I)

Leo, Raph, and Donnie looked at Mikey and spoke. "We're sorry, Mikey..." They spoke in unison. Mikey nodded his head in approval. The three Brothers walked to Mikey and hugged him. After a long pause, Mikey lifted his head. He noticed Nora was being squashed in the embrace. "Guys, you're squishing my Girlfriend." Mikey stated bluntly. The three Brothers released the couple with a bit of panic. They didn't want Mikey to growl again. Mikey began to chuckle, seeing how his Brothers backed away.

He then looked to Nora, who was still clinging to his plastron. She was looking into his Baby Blue Eyes. He was looking into her Chestnut Brown Eyes. After a moment of silence, Mikey spoke. "So, how about we get married FIRST, then think about having Kids...?" Mikey asked shyly. He didn't know how else to ask. He didn't have a ring with him to properly propose. Nora looked at him shocked. Everyone did; Except for Splinter and Mama. They looked pleased. Just when Mikey was about to doubt she'd say yes, she yelled. "YES!" Nora yelled, jumping onto Mikey. They both fell backwards. Mikey looked from Nora to the edge. Thank God they weren't close to it. Mikey had his full attention on Nora when she grabbed his face and kissed him. He looked Shocked. That shock turned into passion.

"You guys still need to get a room." They heard Raph say. Not long after, they heard what sounded like a smack. "Ow..." Raph stated slowly. He placed his hand on the back of his head gingerly. Mikey and Nora looked back and giggled. They couldn't wait to get married!

I was procrastinating on this one for a while! Cheese and Rice, what is wrong with me?! Hmmm.... Now I'm craving Cheese... 😅