chapter five | HELL HOUSE

Fire. Blood. Red Eyes. Fire. Blood. Red Eyes. Fire. Blood. Red Eyes.

She jumped up, gasping for air, her heart beating out of her chest as her limbs shook wildly. She took a couple of deep breaths, glancing at her clock, and for the first time in her life—she was actually thankful to see it was close to 6:30, which meant it was time for her to get up and begin getting ready for school.

She made her way towards the bathroom, and after a long shower, she felt a bit better. But as always, it was short-lived at the thought of her recent nightmares. Always the same. Fire. Blood. Red Eyes.

She shook the thoughts from her head and quickly got ready for the day.

As punishment for staying out last Friday night, her brother took her keys, and now she was riding with Stiles.

She trudged her way downstairs, grabbing an apple from off the counter. After a few bites, she heard the familiar sound of the jeep pull into her driveway, so she discarded the fruit, grabbed her bag, and headed towards it with a slight grin.

"Hi!" She greeted in a cutesy voice, which earned her a rare smile from the Stilinski boy.

The short ride to school was enjoyable, to say the least.

Stiles filled her in on everything that had happened at yesterday's Lacrosse practice.

Allison's dad is the hunter that shot Scott on the full moon.

Scott had let his anger get the best of him and slammed into Jackson werewolf rough and almost killed Stiles until Stiles sprayed him with a fire extinguisher.

The only practice she'd ever missed, and all of that went down. All because she had to go to stupid Math tutoring because of her stupid D in that stupid class.

"Is Jackson okay?"

"Yeah. I'm thinking maybe a dislocation." Stiles answered. She nodded her head as they finally pulled into the parking lot.

(TEEN WOLF)

After school—she was sitting on Stiles' bed, doing homework as he went on and on with a million different theories about where the body could have gone.

"Maybe the old Hale house?" She murmured, not really knowing what bases she had to go on. It just felt right? Before he could respond, both of their phones began going off.

Soon, Stiles was running up Scott's stairs far too anxiously, and she was chuckling a few steps behind him.

"What did you find? How did you find it? Where did you find it? And yes, I've had a lot of Adderall, so."

"I found something at Derek Hale's." Scott answered, and Stiles' eyes flickered to her momentarily. She was actually right.

"Are you kidding? What?" She asked, staring interestedly.

"There's something buried there. I can smell blood."

"That's awesome!" Stiles shouted before pausing, "I mean that's terrible, whose blood?"

She snickered.

"I don't know, but when we do—your dad nails Derek for the murder, and you two can figure out how to help me play lacrosse without changing. Because there is no way, I am not playing that game!" Scott said. Nara rolled her eyes and took a breath. He was referring to the first Lacrosse game of the season.

"Shouldn't we make sure it's not a dead pet or something?" She asked as they both looked at her in confusion, then understanding.

"The hospital. The other half is still in the morgue. So, Scott can sneak in there and sniff it up—see if it's the same body." Stiles answered.