chapter fourteen | LOVE

They walked out of the classroom, and Scott failed to hide the grin on his face.

"It's her," Stiles said as the trio made their way down the hall.

"What do ya mean?" Scott asked.

"It's Allison." She confirmed as they stopped in front of her locker, and she began to shove some books inside.

"You remember how you told us about the night of the full moon; you were thinking about her-right? About protecting her." Stiles explained.

"Okay," Scott mumbled.

"You remember the night of the first lacrosse game? You said you could hear her voice out on the field. So, that's what brought you back so that you could score the winning shot and after the game in the locker room-you didn't kill her, or at least not how you were trying to kill Stiles." Nara continued, Scott still looking confused.

"She brings you back is what we're saying," Stiles finished.

"No, no, no-but it's not always true, because literally every time I'm kissing her or touching her-"

"That's not the same. When you're doing that, you're just another horny teenager thinking about sex, ya know?" Stiles corrected him. Scott got this spacey look in his eyes, and she laughed.

"You're thinking about sex right now, aren't you?" Scott grinned.

"Yeah-sorry!" He murmured dreamily.

"Look! Back in the classroom, when she held your hand-that was different! Okay? I don't think she makes you weak; I think she actually gives you control. Like an anchor." Nara explained.

"You mean because I love her?"

Her eyes widened right before Scott's did.

"Exactly," Stiles answered, his words trailing off.

"Did I just say that?" Scott asked.

She smiled. "Yeah-you did!"

"I love her," Scott repeated.

"Yeah, that's great, let's get back-" Stiles muttered.

"No, wait. I think I'm actually totally in love with her!" She couldn't hold back the girly squeal any longer and pulled him into a quick hug. It was unusual for her, but she loved, love. She loved the idea of it. She loved the idea of someone loving her so much that they looked past all of her flaws, all of her emotional damage. The idea of someone healing her heart. It was a little pathetic but something she totally couldn't help.

"And that's beautiful now before you go off and write a sonnet-Can we figure this out, please? Because obviously, you can't be around her all of the time." Stiles interrupted and Nara was kind of taken aback by the annoyed look on his face.

"Yeah, yeah-sorry!" Scott said. "So, what do I do?"

Stiles turned and squeezed the bridge of his nose. "I don't know yet."

He flailed around some, and a look passed his face, Nara and Scott glancing at each other and then back at their best friend.

"Oh no! You're getting an idea, aren't you?" The girl crossed her arms. He replied with a simple "yep!"

"Is this idea gonna get me in trouble?" Scott asked.

"Maybe."

"Is this idea gonna cause me physical pain?"

"Oh yeah."

They headed out to the parking lot and stopped in front of a black pick-up truck. Nara had no idea what he was planning, but she did know that it probably was nothing good.