chapter eight | BATMAN OR ROBIN

"You're a horrible bowler!" Nara exclaimed as the three of them made their way down the steps that led to the main corridor. "My twelfth birthday, you literally fell trying to let go of the ball and chipped a tooth."

"I know!" Scott sighed.

"It was like watching a car wreck. First, it turned into the whole group date thing, then out of nowhere comes that phrase." Stiles began.

"Hanging out?" Scott answered as they all grimaced.

"You don't hang out with hot girls, okay? It's like death. Once it's hanging out, you might as well be her gay best friend. You and Danny can start hanging out." Stiles explained as Scott stepped in front of them, stopping and looking at Nara.

"Wait-so does that mean me and Stiles are your gay best friends?" She stared at him for a moment before laughing.

"No. You're just my best friends unless you're not telling me something?" She stared half pointedly-half playfully, poking him a few times in the stomach.

They eventually started walking again and Scott's face began to fall at every step.

"How does this happen? I either killed a guy, or I didn't?"

"I don't think Danny likes me very much," Stiles muttered, the realization hitting him out of literally nowhere.

"I ask Allison on a date, and now we're hanging out."

"Am I not attractive to gay guys?"

"I make first line, and the team captain wants to destroy me. And now," He looked down at his phone. "I'm gonna be late for work," Scott ran off.

"Wait-Scott?! Am I attractive to gay guys-? Nar, am I attractive to gay guys?" She narrowed her eyes up at him.

"Well, I am neither gay nor a guy, Stiles. So-"

"Excuse me!"

She whipped around, surprised to see the guy who had complimented her in Chemistry walking towards them. "You left this in class earlier." He explained as he handed her, her long forgotten red notebook.

"Thanks," She replied-before-Stiles coughed awkwardly.

"Uh, are you ready to go? Harris might flip if we're late."

"Oh-yeah, um," She adjusted the books in her arms so she could offer him a hand.

"I'm Nara. I don't think I've seen you around before."

He smiled and accepted her hand.

"Peyton. I moved here last week."

Stiles coughed once more. They said their goodbyes, and she found him glaring at the boy as he walked away.

"What?"

"There's something off about him," he said as they walked back up the stairs and towards the Chemistry lab. She shook her head and pushed open the door, Harris looking up solemnly as if this was about to be the worst part of his day.

"You know the rules," He mumbled before going back to whatever sketchy thing he was doing on his laptop.

(TEEN WOLF)

"I have to go back to the scene of the crime," Scott said into the phone. Stiles and Nara dramatically scoffing from their respective ends.

"Okay, have you never watched any cop show like ever?" She asked incredulously at the stupidity of this idea.

"I have to go back. It's the only way I'll remember." He replied.

"Listen! What if Derek's just setting you up or something? I mean, you do remember when we dug up his sister's body? From her grave? Then claimed him for murder?" Stiles ranted.