chapter seventeen | LUNATIC

"Dude, you know she's just one-one girl!" Stiles stammered towards Scott, laying back against the ground. Nara giggled and took another swig of the alcohol, falling next to him.

"There's so many! So many other girls in the sea!" Stiles continued, leaning his head on her shoulder.

"Fish. Fish in the sea." Scott corrected.

"Why are we talking about fish?" She asked with a pout.

"I'm talking about girls, god—I love girls."

"Why can't we ever talk about boys? Cute boys? Peyton." She murmured dreamily, earning a groan from Stiles before he continued.

"Girls, girls, girls. Especially ones with strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, five foot three." Nara shriveled her face up in disgust and took another drink.

"Like Lydia?" Scott asked, slightly annoyed. Nara chuckled.

"Yeah. Exactly. How did you know I was talking about—about..What was I talking about?" He smiled brightly and grabbed the bottle from the girl's hands, holding it towards Scott.

"You're not happy! Take a drink!" Stiles exclaimed.

"I don't want anymore." Scott sighed.

"You're not drunk?" Nara pouted once more, he shook his head. "I'm not anything."

"Hey! Hey, maybe it's like—maybe it's like you not needing your inhaler anymore, ya know, maybe you can't get drunk as a wolf. Am I drunk?" Stiles took a breath.

"Am I drunk?" She pointed at herself, ignoring him.

"You're both wasted."

"Yeah!!!" They boasted, Stiles holding a fist up to Scott who ignored him.

"Listen dude, I know it hurts...I don't know but I do know this. As much as being broken up hurts being alone is so much worse." Stiles said, the other two looking at him and he laughed. "That didn't make any sense." Just as he went to take another drink, two guys came out of nowhere and grabbed the bottle.

"Look at the three lil girls getting their drink on..." The first one said with an amused smirk on his face.

"Give it back!" Scott replied, something off about his tone.

"What's that little man?"

"I think he wants a drink," the second one added.

"I want the bottle."

"Scott, maybe we should just go." Stiles said, somewhat sobered by the encounter.

"You guys brought me here to get me drunk, I'm not drunk yet." The two guys looked at each other and then back at Scott. He stood up and walked towards them.

"It's not worth it, Scotty. These jobless losers aren't worth it." Nara said, looking at them in disgust but Scott ignored her.

"What was that?" They peeked their head in her direction to which she flipped them off, mad that they had ruined her buzz. The attention was short lived as Scott snapped at them.

"Give me the bottle!" The men's faces changed and Scott's claws began to retract. "Give me the bottle of jack!" He once again demanded only his voice was a lot deeper. One of the men nervously handed the bottle back and suddenly it was hurdling towards a tree.

They ran off and then Scott was stalking towards the jeep.

Stiles stumbled up, offering her a hand and soon they were hobbling after him.

"Okay, please tell me that was because of the break up!" Nara rambled, way more sober than she was five minutes ago.

"Or cause tomorrow's the full moon..." Stiles continued. Scott opened the door and Nara fumbled into the back seat while Stiles flailed into the passenger.