chapter two | AWAKEN

Her alarm went off, and she shot up, immediate fatigue taking over her whole body like a weighted blanket. She let out a groan as the events of last night began surfacing-her brain not even taking a moment to stop and wonder how she got home.

She groaned once more, climbing out of bed-an intense feeling in her stomach, kind of like nerves-kind of like nausea.

She placed a hand to her head, hissing at the feel of a large bump. At least I didn't fall down a hill like-SCOTT! She suddenly panicked, searching everywhere for her cell before cursing herself and remembering she dropped it somewhere in the woods. She grunted and then fumbled around for the house phone.

"Hello?" Melissa answered.

"Is Scott there?"

"Yeah, he's getting ready. Do you need me to go get him?" Nara let out a sigh of relief.

"No, it's fine. I'll just talk to him at school."

She threw the phone on her bed and stumbled into the bathroom, getting a long hard look at her appearance. She was still in the same clothes from last night, the only things missing was her jacket and her shoes. Which, now that she thought about it, all seemed to be in a pile on her floor. She had dirt on her face, dried blood on her neck, and a bruise forming under her chin. She closed her eyes briefly, trying to remember anything else but coming up blank. She must have fallen quite a bit on her way home.

She stripped out of her clothes and took a quick shower, the hot water giving her some relief. Once she was out, she quickly began getting ready for the day. She blow-dried her hair and curled it a bit, putting on a little makeup, taking five aspirin, and then started searching for clothes. After checking the time on her alarm clock, she hurriedly decided on a gray sweater, some ripped black jeans, and a pair of combat boots.

She then ran downstairs, grabbing her bag and rushing to her car.

(TEEN WOLF)

Ten minutes passed, and she was finally pulling into the parking lot of Beacon Hills High School. She took a quick look in the mirror and got out of her car, heading straight towards the guys who were talking on the sidewalk. Upon seeing her-they both fumbled to pull her into a hug.

"I thought you were dead," Scott said immediately. "When I came back, there was so much blood."

"I'm fine. A little scraped up and a bump on my head, but I think I wandered home. You're the one who tumbled down a freaking hill!" She exclaimed, earning a strange look from Stiles. Before she could question him, he quickly flickered his gaze back to Scott who was currently telling them about his experience. She adjusted her bag around her shoulder as they began walking towards the rundown building.

"It was too dark to see very much, but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf." He explained.

"A wolf bit you? No, not a chance." Stiles said, straight up dismissing his theory.

"I heard a wolf howling," he insisted.

"No, you didn't!"

"Yes, we did." Nara corrected, crossing her arms over her chest.

"California doesn't have Wolves-not in like sixty years." He affirmed, stopping to stand in front of them.

"Really?" They asked, clearly puzzled.

"Yes, really. Look, there are no wolves in California."

"Well, if you don't believe us about the wolf, then you're not gonna believe me when I tell you that we found the body." She chirped with a slight bit of cockiness in her voice.

"Are you kidding me?" Stiles asked incredulously.

"I wish. I'm gonna have nightmares for a month," Scott added while Nara silently agreed.

"That is freaking awesome! I mean, this is seriously going to be the best thing that's happened to this town since," Stiles looked towards his longtime crush, "the birth of Lydia Martin." The trio all turned as she passed. Scott and Nara not sharing the same enthusiasm over the girl, especially not Nara.

"Hey Lydia, you look," She ignored him and kept walking, "like you're gonna ignore me." He sighed, watching as she entered the building. Nara rolled her eyes, never having been able to stand the strawberry blonde. She'd always been so rude and stuck up and not worth Nara's time. She was the biggest bit-

The bell rang.

"I'll never understand what you see in her anyway." Scott groaned as they all headed towards the double doors.

"Clearly all he's doing is seeing."

"Oh, come on!" He shouted. Nara smiled innocently.

The second bell rang, and their English teacher began talking almost immediately.

"As you all know, there was a body found in the woods last night." The three of them exchanged glances as everyone else in the class looked increasingly bored. "And I am sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios for what happened." You don't say? "But I am here to tell you that the police have a suspect in custody." Nara looked to Stiles—who shrugged, not having a clue as to what the man was talking about. "Which means, you can give your undivided attention to the syllabus on your desk that's outlining this semester."

The Korean girl picked up the paper and stared down at it with little to no interest. She couldn't focus for some reason. She felt overwhelmed, and like a million unfamiliar emotions were running through her body and shaking her brain like a tambourine.

Red eyes. Growling.

Her thoughts broke as someone knocked on the door, the vice principal and a girl with long brown hair entering shortly after.

"Class, this is our new student, Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome." She smiled shyly and made her way to the seat next to Scott. A beat passed before he reached her a pen causing Nara to furrow her eyebrows. Is that how he flirts? She wondered, amused at this.

"We will begin with Kafka's Metamorphosis on Page 133."