|8| You are truly a dumbass

Not even half an hour passed since peter said his last goodbye to Michelle, and her phone already beeped.

Unlike in the movies, Michelle didn't have to stress out herself on how he should text her after the date, she genuinely didn't need to worry if he enjoyed it or not nor if he'd text her, or not.

Because he literally didn't stop telling her during the date how much he enjoys her company. Even though every time he mentioned it he hoped she would say it back he didn't really mind, the smile on her face really said it all for him.

Michelle impatiently snatched her phone from the nightstand to face an unread text message from Peter.

Hey, MJ. Looking forward to see you tomorrow at school, I had a so-very nice time tonight, thank you (: - Pete

thank YOU. I really didn't do anything, you took ME on a date. I miss you already :3 -MJ

Michelle really wasn't that kind of person, but in her defense, she never felt this way towards anyone. What she feels towards peter is beyond special, and to her, it's something she will treasure the most.

I miss you more - Pete

Negotiable - MJ

Non-negotiable. Just accept it cutie - Pete

Michelle blushed— this boy is really something else.

Are we using pet names now? - MJ

A slight chuckle rolled out of Peter's lips — she's cute.

I can stop calling you cutie if u wanna - Pete

Is it that tiring to write 'you' ? Lazyhead. And don't, it's nice. - MJ

As if the both practiced it, they let out a small laugh at the same time. Even over texts they feel those damn butterflies going wild.

'You' will not believe how tiring it is :\ and okay, cutie. - Pete

Huh. I'm pretty tired, see you soon - MJ

I should probably get some sleep too,,,,, good night (: - Pete

Were those 5 commas really necessary? Good night - MJ

They were. - Pete

Michelle smiled and put her phone on the nightstand, too lazy to get up from the bed and charge it.

Unlike every other night , Michelle didn't fall asleep as fast as she used to until now. It took her for about nine minutes to fall asleep— which is extremely unusual for her.

All this 'boyfriend-girlfriend relationship ' was so unfamiliar to her that she guesses she had to take those nine minutes to take in everything that happened. And what shocked Michelle the most was how she had a smile on her lips the entire time, like Peter put some kind of spell on her.

On the following day, Peter suggested to come to her house so he could walk her to school, and obviously, she didn't really mind.

Michelle threw the door open, to meet peters brown eyes, smiling big, really big.

"Hey MJ" Peter beamed, as his eyes followed the Brunette's movement. Her lips formed into a small smile making peter chuckle in happiness.

"Hey" she said back, too head over heals for him to notice her little sister watching from behind. "Let's go" Michelle said and slammed the door behind her.

The both started walking, passing by her garage, the kindergarten he used to go to, her favourite restaurant, and the local park.

The moment was truly prefect, even the silence filled their hearts.

Peter took a small breath before whipping his head towards Michelle direction "I have a question"

Michelle frowned, her pacing getting slower. "Okay"

"I- uh. I just wanna confirm something— you aren't dating me just because I am spiderman, right ?"  

Michelle stopped in her tracks, suddenly getting extremely angry. She had mixed emotions— I mean, does everything she said, done, meant nothing to him?

"Are you serious right now?" Michelle spoke, a little harsher than she intended to. She let go of peters hand and didn't spare a glare.

"uh I- yeah" Peter mumbled, looking up in fear to meet her tears eyes.

She suddenly wasn't angry, she was hurt.

"Do you actually think I would express my feelings like that and act like the way I act if I was dating you only for what you do?" Michelle whispered, biting her bottom lip.

"No- I'm sorry. For thinking that. I guess I'm paranoid because I so-really like you" he said with a sad smile, she sighed and smiled a little too.

"You are truly a dumbass, peter Parker"