Seventeen+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song----------}

"Weak And Powerless" By A Perfect Circle.

Seventeen+

Gideon’s response to Lilith’s words is pretty quick, of course. He poofs before her in a billowing blob of black smoky shadow before using his shadows, sharp like barbed wire to keep the quick to protect hell hounds in their place. In the array of sudden movement I can barely even move and I think that it’s because of shock until I meet the very focused pale-eyed gaze of Lilith. It’s then I realize that I’m not moving because she doesn’t want me to.

“Tallulah!”

I snap out of it at the sound of Gideon’s voice. I look at him with my eyes wide and actually attempt to go to him as he offers me his hand but I simply can’t move. The panic sets in quickly as I try to move even a finger in what is supposed to be a body belonging to me but it doesn’t work. The only thing I can move is my head but that won’t do my any good.

“I can’t move.” I whisper frantically. “I can’t move.”

Gideon growls low in his throat before turning on Lilith and wrapping his hands around her neck as he tosses her against my father’s bookshelf. Books fall around her head but her expression reads nothing less than amusement. She grins widely, showing rows of sharp white teeth as the veins around her pale blue eyes go black in a sight that if I were as close as Gideon would have me shitting my pants in no time.

“Think you can beat me, Halfling?” She purrs before rubbing her chest against him in a very sexual way that has me fuming, “I’d like to see you try.”

“Why do you want her?”

Lilith shoots me a glance before leaning forward to whisper just loud enough for me to hear, “I am owed a body and I will collect one. It matters little to me what claim you think you have on her, she is mine.”

“She is mine.” He snarls tightening his grip around his neck.

Lilith only smirks her ruby red lips, “Not for long.”

“Who promised her to you?”

“Your father pledged her to me but seeing as you seem to think you have a claim as well I made a deal with a secondary party.”

Gideon’s back tenses and his tone echoes his body, “Explain.”

“Mr. Stewart has been highly accommodating.”

Gideon’s dark head snaps towards the stiff figure behind the desk. My gaze follows his trail as they land on my father’s pale but expressionless face. His green eyes, so similar to mine meet mine only for a second before they avert to the blank slate of desk space in front of him. Betrayal stabs at my heart as tears prick my eyes.

“You didn’t.” I whisper. “Please tell me you didn’t.”

Dad’s back straightens in his dark gray designer suit as he meet my gaze again but this time with a sever coldness. “You go gallivanting around with some criminal, leave a mental care facility without permission and bring nothing but shame as you soil our reputation. What else did you think I would do, Tallulah?”

“I would think you would love me enough to not sell me to the highest bidder!” I spit at him feeling my rage heart my previously frozen limbs. I move closer to the desk and stand before him in a way I would have never dared to even think of before. “You don’t deserve the title of father.”