Eighteen+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song------------------}

"The Red" By Chevelle

Eighteen+

 Gideon runs his hands through his dark hair over and over as he grips and pulls at it painfully. He was so stupid, he was so fucking stupid to even think it was a good idea to let her go to her father. When he had first shook the man’s hand he could sense the illness in him, he always could tell by the person’s aura and from the hints of healing green in Benjamin Stewart’s he’d be battling it awhile.

“Gideon calm down.” Lila tells him softly, “We’ll find her.”

Gideon snaps his head in her direction and glares at her, “Don't even fucking try to talk me down right now. My soul mate is somewhere that I can’t even sense her mentally and about to be made to do whatever the fuck that demon bitch has planned so talk to me like some overreacting child, Lila. Just don’t.”

“I know but I’m at a loss here, Gideon. I don’t know how to help you and without my wings even a quarter of the way grown I can’t even fly you anywhere you need to go.” His twin says with a sigh, “I just don’t know what else to do but assure you that Orin will find out where she is and when he does you’ll have her in your arms again.”

“You have a lot of faith in him don’t you?”

Lila shrugs with a smile tugging on her lips, “I have to, he’s my soul mate, just like you have to have faith in Tully right now. She’s a smart girl and I have no doubt she’s doing all she can to fight back.”

Gideon slides down the nearest wall and clasps his head in his hands as he tries to keep his emotions in check. As he replays the words Lilith said he can’t help but think the worse. She said she had come to collect a body, he shivers in disgust at what that could mean, especially for the pure creature that is his girlfriend. He notices absently that Lila is crouched in front of him but its not until she lifts his head does he realize that she’s crying.

“I’m so sorry.” She says shakily before cupping his face in her hands. Pulling him into a hug he can’t stop the tears from building in his eyes. If anything were to happen to Tallulah because of him he would never be able to forgive himself. Hugging his sister back he suddenly feels the tears give way to anger.

How dare that piece of shit demon fuck do this to him? Is this yet another ploy to get him to come down to hell, to be his father’s little puppet?  Most likely, he thinks. When Gideon had met his father in Arizona he had been there doing a major drug deal. Gideon had never been caught dealing drugs; he could always fuck with the minds of anyone who even thought about double-crossing him or turning him in. He had been doing it since he was eighteenever since being kicked out of the system after he aged out.

A kid like Gideon fit right in among the criminals of the world. He was never intimidated or scared by anyone because he knew them better than they even knew themselves. He also knew that if it came down to it, he had his own weapons on call just in case so what could he fear? Nothing.

When it came to women Gideon was no different. He feared nothing when it came to women. They could fall for his charms or not but eventually he would lure them all into his arms using the charms he’s picked up along the way. He would fuck them, feed off them and then send them on thier way. It didn’t matter to him if they loved him or not and though that made him an asshole he didn’t care.

He was alone in a world that saw him as a freak of nature. What did he have to lose?

Finding out about Lila and Edie was a big thing for him though. Even now he still can’t get over the fact that he now has a family, ones of blood instead of bond, and no matter how many years pass he’s not sure he ever will. Ornias though, the fucking prick, he may be his blood but Gideon had no doubt he could rip him apart and not feel a second of regret.