Twenty+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song--------}

"Right Where It Belongs" By Nine Inch Nails.

Twenty+

“Lets see here.” Ornias says looking around the room, “A vampire, two half breed demons and…a nephilim. Well that’s not what I expected. Here I thought they still killed you little mistakes right at birth.”

I glance over at the tall sinewy guy at the back of the room with shock. This guy is a half angel? He’s cute, handsome even but in a sweet kind of way. His black thick rimmed glasses, chinos and green lantern t-shirt gives him this nerdy look that I would not imagine on a kid of an angel. Looking at Gideon I realize he’s exactly the kind of outwardly beauty I would imagine to be carrying holy blood around.

“Yeah well I must of missed inspection.” The guy drawls with a clenched jaw.

Ignoring him Gideon’s father moves his dark soulless eyes among us until they land on Lila and Orin. With a flick of his wrist the two go flying across the room in heaps causing Lilith to get free. She comes immediately for us but doesn’t make it very far before something stops her mid-stride. Lilith’s pale eyes go wide before a bright light spears through her, escaping out of her mouth and eye holes as well. The smell of seared flesh has both Gideon and I coughing on the verge of gagging.

I watch in sick fascination as Lilith’s lily-white skin begins to crack as the light begins to fade. She falls to her knees and I’m completely shocked to see the nephilim standing behind her, lowering his hand as she crumbles like sand to the ground below. The pile of her ashes smokes as a muted horror washes over us. Hesitantly I glance up to the guy who simply nods his head at us before turning his attention back to Ornias.

“Impressive.” The demon comments with a nod of his own. “But you’ll find I’m harder to vanquish.”

“Lets see shall we?”

“Stop.” Orin calls, getting to his feet, “He can’t be destroyed with your light. He was an angel, a corrupted one but an angel all the same. Lilith was a demon created but him, he’s an angel fallen.”

Ornias smirks in the vampire’s direction, “Thank you for clearing up that confusion. I’d hate to see some of the light of god go to waste more than it already has being put in the hands of the bastard child of a frisky angel.”

“You fuck—“

“Enough.” Gideon barks, tightening his hold on me, “I’ve come for my beshert and I have her. I want to get the fuck out of here.”

“Not too fast, boy.” Ornias says clucking his tongue, “Don’t you have a promise to a certain angel to keep?”

“How did you know about that?” Lila demands as she steps forward to stand beside Orin. Blood trickles down her forehead and I wince at how painful it looks.

Ornias grants her a pitying look, “Because I know everything.”

“Fine.” Gideon snaps out slightly pushing me behind him, “So you know about my deal with the angel. What do you propose we do about it? I’m not staying here with you and I’m not giving up Tallulah so don’t even offer me any of that bullshit.”

“Such foul mouth for one so young.” Ornias says with a shake of the head, his eyes slide to me before a sly smile overcomes his face. “This is what I’ll offer you. I won’t kill your girlfriend if you join me in my realm. I need an heir Gideon and I think you will grow tired of the mundane life of the above world. Human are just so…boring.”