Epilogue+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Epilogue+

I frown as I look at the new tattoo over my left breast in the mirror. Its in Hebrew and I have no idea what the hell it says but I can feel its power and the heat I feel when I touch it, a signal of our bond. As soon as I had a long hard nap, a good hot shower and a well-deserved foot massage I demanded we just do the damn bonding already. Gideon, with his trademark smirk and smart-ass comment, agreed.

It’s a few months old now but it’s still a bit strange.

I mean, really? On my boob?

“Are you looking at your tattoo again?” Gideon asks through the bathroom door making me scowl at it.

“No. Now go away.”

“Can’t. Edie wants your help with the stuff in her room.”

I sigh and yank open the door to give him a dry look, “Oh really?”

“Yup. She says if you want her room so bad you gotta do some of the work to clean it out.” He tells me with a grin I want to slap him for.

Grumbling I push past him but he catches me by the waist. His nose skims up the side of my neck and I shiver at the sensations it shoots off in my body. His hands tighten around me as he groans into my ear.

“I missed you.”

“I was just in the bathroom, you psycho.”

He nips at my earlobe making me yelp. “I still missed you.”

“Wasn’t I supposed to help Edie pack her room up?”

“Nah.” He drawls against my ear, “Jeremy’s got it covered.”

It was a shock to al of us but mostly Edie when her husband Jeremy came home after a year over seas in the marines. He just showed up one day looking just the way I thought someone who was married to Edie would look, devastatingly handsome. Jeremy wasn’t anything like Gideon with his bad boy persona but more boy next door with his buzzed off blonde hair and deep soulful brown eyes that made me like him immediately.

Now they decided they needed to find another place to live, somewhere in the suburbs or something equally boring. I’m a city girl through and through I guess and I just didn’t see the appeal but whatever made them happy I was on board. Especially because Gideon and I were being given the apartment and I was getting Edie’s large master bedroom. To say I was excited would be an understatement.

I’m brought out of that though when Gideon begins laying kisses down my neck. Arching it I grant him more access as his hands move under my tank top to caress my stomach, making the skin rise up in goosebumps.

“I love you so fucking much.” He growls against my neck. “And I cannot wait until we have that room all to ourselves.”

Laughing breathlessly I reach back to dig my hands into his hair, “I bet.”

“And?”

I roll my eyes but smile as I answer, “I love you too.”

And for once, I know exactly what that means.

+

Ornias smirks off into the distance covered in chains they say he can not break but he, like always, knows better. 

Someone special has something very precious of his. Something he needed to keep safe until the time is right and he knows that the time is drawing near.

Soon, he will need to collect it.

And he will do the collecting himself.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The End....for now. 

I hope you guys liked this and I also hope you stick with me for one more story in this trilogy. Information will be posted soon so don't you worry your darling little heads too long :}

That being said I want to thank you guys for sticking with me through this story. You are the most amazing fans, you amaze me everyday with your reads, comments, votes and simply existing. I never thought anyone would read my stuff on here and I am forever blessed with the love you've given me and my stories over the course of the year I've been on this site. Thank you so much guys!

Until next time.......

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW :}