ACT TWO / a new adventure

<EDITED ON FEBRUARY 2>

future rebecca (hi): instead of starting off at the scene from before, now it's more of an introduction to the whole idea because i don't think king bartra would want his great holy knight going off on a quest without his knowledge while there's a huge dark presence closing in on a nearby kingdom-

future FUTURE rebecca: so i just remembered MC got fancy new magic from the C.K. they use it in this chapter :) and i need to remember to edit it in for future chapters too LOL

-

You bowed to King Bartra, your hands clasped in front of you. Howzer, Gilthunder, and Griamore fanned out to either side.

"I apologize for the late notice," you said, "but we found a lead on the culprit behind Dreyfus and Hendrickson's betrayal against the kingdom. I wish to accompany them on their journey."

King Bartra hummed, stroking his beard. "That would be wise. The dark omen will be concentrated in Camelot for the time being, and I doubt you will have much trouble finding the Seven Deadly Sins and Elizabeth should they need help. Where will you be going?"

You glanced at the others. "We are...unsure. We have a general idea of the location, but we plan to travel for a while to gather more information." They nodded along to your words.

"Very well," the King said. "Be thorough but hasty with your journey. I would hate to see this kingdom fall into ruin."

You all agreed and bowed to King Bartra before taking your leave. You saddled up the horses and gathered supplies while the others addressed the Princesses.

You returned to see Howzer and Gilthunder teasing Griamore. You laughed at the sight and approached them, dipping your head in Veronica's direction.

"What is this? Did I miss something?" you asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Oh, nothing," Griamore replied, his words far too hasty to be truthful.

"Princess Veronica was just reminding us to take special care of Griamore," Howzer replied, sticking his tongue out at Griamore.

"What's going on?"

You smiled sheepishly at Elizabeth as she and Margaret approached. "I meant to tell you earlier," you said, walking up to her and clasping her hands in both of yours, "but I must go with these three to make sure they don't do anything reckless. We are investigating the reason for the Great Holy Knights' betrayal."

She nodded, her smile gentle. "I understand. If anything happens, we have the Orbs, right?"

You lifted yours from your pocket and saw that she had done the same. "Whatever happens, I will be right there," you promised. She nodded. You placed a kiss on her forehead before stepping back. Her face was flushed as she waved you off.

The four of you gathered your things and mounted your horses. You had wanted to fly to your destination, knowing you had more than enough mana, but they managed to talk you out of it. You admitted that you had missed traveling like this; you had only relied on Mama Hawk and your own magic for a while, so it was nice to return to your roots.

You traveled for two days, stopping and resting at various places along the way. The impromptu road trip had you learning more about your comrades - no, your family - and it left you closer to them than you were before. You began to fully realize what it meant to have someone watching your back and you watching theirs; it was a sense of companionship that you had only felt with the Sins and Elizabeth.

"I wonder what Princess Veronica is doing right now?" Griamore asked, his face flushed and a dreamy expression coming over his face.

"It's only been two days and you're already homesick?" Howzer teased.