ACT TWO / the month after

<EDITED ON FEBRUARY 3>

i am very much planning on still trying to do filler arcs/holiday specials but it's a matter of when i get the motivation lol

honestly MC's backstory is still kinda -screaming- but it is what it is

-

You masshed the back of your neck as you stood at the end of a table with a map of Britannia on it. Sirs Denzel and Deathpierce stood to your left and right respectively, their faces terse, eyes reflecting the exhaustion that you felt.

"The Demon Clan already took over Camelot, but I worry about the other areas surrounding it," Denzel muttered. His fingers traced a path from the kingdom to Liones. "The Ten Commandments might begin their march here sometime in the future. I fear what we might see after that."

"If only Camelot were closer," you murmured. You brought your hand down from your neck to cross your arms in front of you. "Even though it would give the Demons less ground to cover, at least we would be able to help defend each other."

"Sadly, that isn't the case." Sir Deathpierce sighed and shook his head. "At any rate, Liones should be protected for the time being. It's a relief that you decided to stay here, Great Holy Knight."

You waved him off. "It is my sworn duty to protect this land." You stepped back from the table and walked to the exit of the tent. "I will take my leave now to make the patrol around the borders. Notify me as soon as you're able to if anything happens."

They both nodded and bowed. You dipped your head in return and exited the tent, breathing in the morning air with your eyes closed.

You stared off in the direction of Camelot. You had to admit, the past month had been lonely without the Sins, Gilthunder, and Howzer by your side. With only a few letters here and there and the occasional message from Merlin, you could only hope that everyone was okay. Not to mention Elizabeth and Hawk were still absent, taking care of...

You shook away the thought. You couldn't afford to dwell on things like that. He might be alive, but if he wasn't, it fell on your shoulders to make sure Liones didn't fall.

You made your patrol around Liones' perimeter, floating a few feet off the ground. You took note of the villagers, how exhausted and fearful they seemed with the knowledge that the Demon Clan was still going strong. You always tried your best to filter the information, not wanting to instill more terror into their hearts, but it seemed that most of your efforts were in vain.

You finished your patrol, relieved that the defenses were still in excellent shape and the Holy Knights remained vigilant. You headed in the direction of the castle, for once feeling calm as you basked in the cool, dewy air. There had been a short shower the night before, leaving this morning pleasant.

You touched down on the ground. As you straightened your armor and stood tall, something flickered in the light a few feet away. You narrowed your eyes as your hand crept toward your rapier, suspicious of what (or who) this new arrival was.

As it turned out, the arrival was as pleasant as the weather. A familiar group of people materialized with the glow of a Teleport spell, and you stopped yourself from breaking down. Instead, you let your expression soften.

"It has been a while, has it not?"

Ban cackled and held the back of his head. "'A while' is an understatement. You better not have attracted any cuties that I need to chase away."

"I am far too busy for that," you replied. "If anything, I believe I would need to keep suitors away from you. Which is not a problem, considering your abrasive appearance."