Father

Jaden covers her mouth as she realized what she said. Everyone around her stopped to look at her. A Karen covers her sons ears. "WAtCh your LangUAge!!1!!" She yells at Jaden which makes everyone continue their business. "Sorry sorry-" she mumbles as she hurries into the store forgetting that she left tofu outside. As she picks up a basket, Jaden realizes her mistake and rushes outside. She grabs tofus arm and pulls her back, stopping their conversation. Aiden looks at her confused and awkward. "I um-" Jaden starts. She could feel the others stares. "I'm assuming you'd like to talk" Aiden rolls his eyes at her. "Yeah uh- m-my place?" Jaden talks quieter as her sentence ends. "After I'm uh done.." "sure" Aiden says with a sigh. She and tofu go in. Her face flashes with embarrassment as she thinks of how awkward it was. Countless thoughts of possibilities on why Aiden was there haunted her head, until She was brought back to reality by tofu tugging on her hoodie and saying "mommy" over and over. "Yes?" Jaden answers. "Was that daddyyy" tofus asks. She was unsure of how to reply. Confused, she just changes the topic. "Would you like some chocolate?" Jaden asks as it was the first thing that came to mind.

They walk out of the store and meet aiden. "Took you a bit." Aiden says as he gets up and puts on his backpack. "Yeah yeah" Jaden says as she fondles her pockets for her apartment keys. She honestly just wanted to go home and avoid people.

Chkchk
Jaden unlocks the door. It was a studio apartment. There was a foldout couch that filled up most of the house besides the bed. Clothes and pillows were scattered on the floor. "Tofu why don't you go play with your toys while me and your "dad" have a talk." "Okay!" Tofu answers as she pours a box of legos onto the floor to add to the mess. Aiden leans closer to Jaden and whispers. "You know I'm not her dad right?" "It's a thing called sarcasm" Jaden whispers back. "So how's it uh-" she starts changing the topic. "How longs it-" "okay fuck it why are you homeless?" Aidens eyes widen as he was surprised she would go straight to the main thing. "Well uh- to make the story short, I had a rich girlfriend that I shared a house with. I cheated when I was drunk and she beat me up and kicked me out of the house. When I filed a lawsuit I lost and now I'm here" "damn.. well do you wanna-" Jaden was interrupted by sounds of choking. She turned to tofu who was grasping onto her neck trying to breathe. She checks the chocolate. It had nuts in it. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" Jaden panics and gets her keys. "Where's your phone? I'll call 911!" Aiden panics as well. "I won't be able to afford it. We'll take the car the hospitals just a few minutes" Jaden says grabbing tofu as she struggles to breathe. They make it to the car as Jaden drives as fast as she could. She was basically driving past the speed limit at this point. Aiden held tofu close as her face changes colour. "I see it I see the hospital Aiden get someone's-" "JADEN EYES ON THE ROAD" Aiden screams at her as he grabs the wheel and turns it to the side.

The car scrapes against another and smashes into a wall. The driver comes out of her vehicle and checks on them. Jadens face was inside the airbag. And tofu wasn't moving. Aiden was alive however, but not for long.