The plan

The next few days was harming the bird.

Slowly pulling parts off, hearing the small delicate bones crack, it was all so amusing and calming for Jaden. The smell of it rotting, the feel of the dirty feathers, it was all so delightful.

But.. it just wasn't enough for Jaden. She needed more. She was soon curious of what was behind those feathers. She plucked them slowly and carefully. It was marvellous. The birds skin was now shown to the world. Jaden laughs at this discovery. She was so excited. WhAts under the skin? She thought to herself. Some of the spine was peaking out from inside. She decided to take a look at it.

Jaden finds a small bucket that tofu left behind and gathers the other needed things for the procedure. A potato peeler, tweezers, and imagination. As she starts to peel the birds skin off, her mind begins to wander. She hums in peace until she hears a voice. "Mom? Mom! What are you doing?" She stops. It was tofus voice and- it was coming from the bird? But Jaden just couldn't stop peeling away the skin. The blood pours into the bucket. Her eyes glued to it as tofus voice screams inside her head. It was almost as if she was doing this to- to tofu..

The excitement, the rush, the power. For once, she experienced what tofu felt like when she left. Jaden realized that this was all she needed to be happy. She keeps cutting away until she hit the organs. Tucked nicely under the ribs. Jaden got mad at the bones disturbing her peace and throws it at a nearby wall. It shatters the ribs and a lot of other bones as well. She laughs as it was hopeless. Jaden continues shaving the layers off. Until all that was left, was blood and organs. This made Jaden so happy.

But eventually, the bird turned into nothing. And she needed another bird. Of course, the dead bird falling from the sky was rare and trying to catch one was stupid. Suddenly, Jaden got an idea. What if she did this to a human? It would bring so much joy! But who? She thought to herself. What reminded her of bad things and needed to be eradicated to give her happiness to pay for what they did? Of course! She thought.

Julian.

She checked her phone which was at about 5% since the electricity ran out a long time ago. He had sent her the address just like he said. She smiles at her phone as she goes hunting for it. Skipping down the neighbourhood as some people taking walks or simply just in the front yard stared at her. But she didn't mind. It was a lovely sunny day and she was about to feel emotions again. She stops at a small one story vanilla house with a nice white Mazda parked in the garage street. Perfect, she thought. They're home.

She presses the doorbell as she licks her lips for what awaits her. Footsteps from inside get louder until someone finally opens the door. Julian. "Oh hey Jaden!" He greets. "Lovely day out today, I'm so glad you're doing well! Please, come inside." He says in a polite way. Jaden studies the walls. It was quickly filled with tofus art as the fridge was already full. She had hatred for that but she still kept a wide smile for what awaited her. "Tofu! Honey we've got a guest." Tofu was colouring her and Julian with crayons on the living room floor. "Who is ittt" she answers. "It's your mom, she's come to visit you". Tofu looks up at her. "Hi!!" She responds. Jaden was still smiling. But she wasn't happy that her daughter talked to her. In fact, she was disgusted. It was so long since she's talked to someone that it was weird and uncomfortable. "Jaden would you like anything? Maybe some tea from the kitchen?" Julian asks. "Sure" She replies with her fake happy voice. As he leaves to make tea, Jaden starts her plan. "Whatcha doing there?" She asks as she watches tofu. "I'm drawing me and my daddy!" She says taking a bite out of a cookie. "I'm gonna go check on your daddy okay?" Jaden asks. Tofu was fooled by her nice impression.

She sneaks up from behind him. Taking a rock from her bag. It was about the size of a phone. Only bigger. Julain was stirring the tea and adding honey. Jaden raises the rock above her and smashes it onto his head. She grabs his body before it falls to the ground and puts the rock on the counter. Now she had to deal with tofu.