Fake

A bird? Jaden thought,It seemed to be dead. Normally, most people would leave it alone. But she picked it up and put it in her purse. She walked down and back inside the mansion. "Tofu?" She shouted over the loud music, jaden finally notices her talking to julian at the snack table. "Oh, tofu I think we should leave it's almost dinner time." Julian goes in front of her as if to protect her. "Uh-" "back off Jaden. Tofu told me about what you did with her. What the fuck?" Julian interrupts as her daughter hides behind him. "I suggest you give me custody of her. After all, me and her have been talking. And I believe I would give her a better environment to live in." He says as he soften ups. "What? That's bullshit. Fuck off, she's mine and I'll never give her to you." Jaden says as she turns to leave. "Cmon tofu." She shouts as she heads for the door. Tofu peaks out from behind Julian. She looks at him and runs after her mother.

It was a quiet dinner for Jaden. They ate a small serving of chicken nuggets and fries from McDonald's as the lights turn off. They were used to it as it happened before as Jaden struggled to pay her bills. "Mommy" Tofu starts while she finished her last cold fry. "Why didn't you tell me that Julian was my real daddy?" Jaden gulps. She knew after treating tofu like that the past few days, she liked him more. "Because-" she thinks of ways to make it seem more innocent. But all that came out was anger. "Because your mom made a shitty decision to choose him over Aiden and it's too fucking late to change it." She says in a cold voice as she stands up and slams the table with her hands. Fries fall off the table as the sun begins to set and their only source of light fades. She gasps for air as she sits back down. Jaden opens her eyes to expect tofu to be sad and scared. She was ready to apologize but she had other plans. "I wanna live with Julian" she says tilting her head down. Jaden's anger fills back up again. "What the fuck did I do wrong?! Tell me you ignorant bitch" tofu looks at her mom again. Only this time, tears met her eyes in fear as she realizes that standing up to someone doesn't work. "N-n I-" she whimpers as she trembles. "Oh. Did Julian tell you to say these things? That fucking faggots a better person than I am?!" Jaden yells as she flips the table. Tofu runs to her bed but gets beaten before she could make it. The next hour was filled with screams and sounds of things crashing.

Some of the neighbours came to check on them the next day but Jaden masked it up as a horror movie. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Tofu and Jaden stopped talking as tofu had gotten used to waking up in the middle of the night alone. Knowing that her mother had gone out to drink to forget about her problems and her. Sometimes, Jaden would fantasize about tofus forgiveness. Even after hurting her more since the second time. One midnight while Jaden was at her usual bar, she realized something. And that tofu was her daughter. The only way her daughter would be happy was if she had a better life and that Julian could give her that.

She understood that she was a bad mother.