iii. CHEESUS CRUST

"OH, MY GOD, HE'S COMING OUT."

Aria looked at Puck with an odd expression on her face, shrugging his arm off of her. Finn had said that he needed to say something, and to Aria, it looked like he was having a crisis.

Aria rolled her eyes as Puck put his arm around her once more.

"Why, yes. There is a man who's sort of recently come into my life." Aria's eyes widened, was he actually coming out? "And that man is Jesus Christ."

Now, Aria was confused.

"That's way worse." Puck muttered.

"And I know there's others in here who dig him too. And so I thought maybe this week we could pay tribute to him in music. You know, pay tribute to Jesus."

"Sorry, uh, but if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church." Kurt said, "And the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people. Or women. Or science."

"I don't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here." Mercedes said, despite Kurt's obvious distaste for it.

"I agree. I've had a really hard year, and I turned to God a lot for help. I, for one, wouldn't mind saying thanks." Quinn immediately agreed.

"Thanks for what? That it didn't come out a lizard baby?"

"Whenever I pray, I fall asleep." Brittany commented.

"Well, guys, maybe our song selections don't have to be about Jesus. We could do songs about spirituality."

"You got a problem with Jesus?" Finn said to Puck as soon as he heard him scoff.

"Oh, I got no problem with the guy." Aria decided not to say anything at this point because apparently, people in glee club became very defensive when it came to Jesus.

"I'm a total Jew for Jesus. He's my number one Hebe. What I don't like seeing is people using J-Money to cramp everybody else's style 'cause it seems to me that true spirituality, or whatever you want to call it, is about enjoying the life that you've been given." Puck continued, "I see God every time I make out with a new chick — Aria, I mean."

"Okay, okay. That doesn't make any sense. In fact, it's stupid." Rachel exclaimed.

"Are you calling Mr. Billy Joel stupid?" Puck shot back, "At this time I'd like to continue my streak of doing only songs by Jewish artists." he said as he got up from his seat and grabbed his guitar.

This was going to be a long week.

•••

THE FIRST THING ARIA DID WHEN SHE ENTERED MCKINLEY HIGH WAS MARCH UP TO KURT HUMMEL'S LOCKER. As soon as she saw the pale boy, she threw her arms around him. Kurt let out a tiny sigh, his arms immediately wrapping themselves around her.

Saying nothing, the two walked together to the choir room. The room grew silent as the pair entered, all sharing sad glances with each other.

Kurt took a seat in the front, despite Aria telling him it might be better in the back.

"Hey Kurt."

Aria looked up and saw Santana and Brittany standing in front of Kurt.

"We're really sorry about your dad's heart attack." Santana said to him.

"Thanks, Santana." he replied quietly.

"I did a book report on heart attacks if you want to give it to the doctor. I got knocked down an entire letter grade 'cause it was written in crayon."