iv. WELCOME TO THE CLUB

ARIA LOOKED AROUND LIKE A LOST PUPPY.

Some people might found her creepy, her staring intently at everyone, looking over their faces and features. She sighed when she didn't see any boy with a mohawk.

Sam glanced up from his sandwich and noticed the redhead's eyes scanning every person, looking for her boyfriend, "Still no Puck?"

"Not since I called him last night." Aria replied, "I mean, yeah, he likes to cheat on tests and pee in public places, but he isn't the kind to skip school. Plus, if he did, he would've told me."

Sam opened his mouth to reply, only for Aria to start speaking again, "I'm probably overreacting. He's probably just sick."

"Well—"

"I should go. Mr. Schue's expecting us in the choir room. See you later."

Sam sighed as she turned and walked away before he could respond to her.

•••

ARIA SAT AT THE BACK OF THE CHOIR ROOM, waiting for Puck to show up, she had even saved a seat beside her.

"All right, let's, uh, let's gather around." Mr. Schuester entered the choir room, once again late, like he usually is.

"Sorry, I'm late, guys," he continued, though most of the students weren't listening, "I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in juvie."

Now, that got everyone's attention.

"You've got to be kidding me." Aria deadpanned.

"It really was just a matter of time." Tins said, and Aria shot her a look that said 'not the time'.

"What did he do?" Quinn asked.

"He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM." Mr. Schuester replied, causing Santana and Brittany to start laughing.

"Did you know about this?" Rachel turned to Aria, and when she shook her head, she turned back to Mr. Schuester, "And when is he getting out?"

"Unknown."

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me." Brittany commented.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy." Will scolded the club for their insensitivity.

"For a guy who put his needs before the team's? We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence." Finn said.

"We can't look at this as, as a crisis. It's an opportunity." Will told the group.

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn rolled her eyes.

"For welcoming our new member," Mr. Schuester turned to the door, "Sam Evans!"

Aria frowned as Sam ran into the choir room excitedly, books in hand. He made eye contact with Aria, and she shot him a confused look.

"There he is. How's it going?" Finn walked to Sam's side.

"Hey, everybody." he greeted, "I'm Sam. Sam, I am. And I don't like green eggs and ham."

"Oh, wow. He has no game." Santana said bluntly.

"Okay! This is gonna be great. You're not going to regret joining, Sam." Finn said to Sam.

"Oh, good." Sam replied.

"Sam, you sit right here." Finn lead him to the empty seat beside his, but Sam was already going to the seat beside Aria, "Or you can sit there too."