ix. DAMN, THOSE PUPPY EYES

WITH SECTIONALS COMING UP AND KURT LEAVING MCKINLEY, everyone was fussing about the set list and the costumes, and all Aria wanted was to have a normal conversation with someone.

Noticing Mr. Schuester enter the room, Rachel stood up, "Mr. Schuester, I have an announcement. I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at Sectionals."

"Me first." he said to her, "Two things. First, our competition at Sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move. Now if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't. Dance. Which is why I've decided to feature Brittany and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance." he announced to the club.

"Wait, they're gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?" Rachel questioned confusedly.

"You're not getting a solo for this competition, Rachel." the teacher told her, surprising most of the glee club.

"Finally! So what song do I get to sing?" Mercedes grinned.

"I was thinking that the winners of our duets competition would take the leads." Will then turned to Quinn and Sam, surprising the club even more.

"Ken and Barbie?! Wait, a-are are you trying to throw this?" Rachel exclaimed.

"You used to be just sort of unlikeable, but now, I pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth." Quinn said so fast, Aria felt like she was holding that in her mouth for forever.

"Okay, listen, I have talked the talk about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now, but frankly I haven't walked the walk. I mean, we have got a lot of talent here, and I'm gonna highlight it."

It was about time Mr. Schuester realised that.

"Look, I'm all for pumping up the team, making everyone feel special, but that's for practice. You don't take the star quarterback out before the big game." Finn decided to speak up.

"Yeah." Rachel agreed.

"Easy to say when you're the star quarterback." Tina countered.

"This isn't just about me, this is about the team." Finn defended.

"You are such a hypocrite." Santana jabbed at Finn.

"Oh, like you even know what that means." Rachel spat.

"It means that your boyfriend is full of crap, hobbit!"

"You know what? Ever since the wedding you've been up my butt and I am sick of it!" the Jewish girl snapped.

"Why isn't Mr. Schue doing anything? He's just standing there like a Sim!" Aria said mainly to herself, but noticed Mercedes nodding in agreement from the corner of her eye.

"C'mon, Rachel, she's not worth it." Finn tried to calm his girlfriend.

"Oh, really? Cause that's not what you thought last year in that motel room." Santana said smugly to Finn before turning to Rachel who looked confused as ever, "That's right, Yentl, your sweetheart? He's been lying to you, cause he and I totally got it on last year."

Aria sat there, shocked. Not at the news, basically everyone already knew about the "Finntana" hookup, but at Santana's bluntness.

"Okay, enough already! No more conversations about this, or-or anything! This is our plan for Sectionals, and that is that. Mike, Brittany, c'mon up, let's start choreographing." Will finally spoke up.

•••

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DRAG ME INTO THIS LOVERS QUARREL?" Aria groaned as Finn and Rachel cornered her by her locker.