x. A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME

DESPITE ALL THE DRAMA THE GLEE CLUB FACED THESE PAST WEEKS, almost everyone was in a bright mood as Christmas neared.

"Hey, guys. What's this?" Will asked, noticing how the choir room got all Christmas-fied.

"Oh, we're trying to get into the Christmas spirit, Mr. Schue." Finn informed the teacher, "Christmas is totally my favorite holiday. And check out this awesome tree. I found it on the side of the road. It must have fell off some guy's car."

"Any ornaments?"

"The guy who lives next door finally killed off his elderly mother. When they carted him off, they left the house wide open. I think she was a holiday hoarder." Santana told him.

"Uh, and the presents?" Mr. Schuester asked, afraid they would say they stole them as well.

"I lifted them from a display at the mall." Puck said, "But don't worry. They're empty."

Mr. Schuester nodded, "Guys, I appreciate the effort, but this isn't what Christmas is supposed to be like."

"For us, it is." Mercedes shrugged.

"Yeah. This tree is almost like a mascot for glee club." Aria agreed.

"We won sectionals two years in a row and according to everyone at this school, we still suck." she continued.

"No, no. I am not gonna let you guys throw yourselves a pity party." Will said, placing his miniature tree on the piano, "Look, I'm the first one to say that things haven't turned out exactly how I would have liked them to this year. But Christmas is all about being grateful for the things that did."

"I thought that was Thanksgiving." Puck muttered.

"And this year glee club is gonna lend a hand to the McKinney-Vento Homeless Children and Youth Program right here in Lima." Will continued.

"How are we gonna do that?" Rachel questioned.

"The only way we know how." Will grinned, causing Aria to roll her eyes, knowing what he was about to say, "By singing about it."

"We're gonna go classroom to classroom, carolling, to raise money for McKinney-Vento." he finished.

"Wait. Classrooms in this school with students in them?" Tina asked for clarification.

"Well, if there are no students in them, there will be no one to put money in the collection box while we sing." Will replied, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"We're gonna die, won't we?" Aria whispered to Mercedes.

"No, guys." Finn spoke up, "It's Christmas, a time for miracles. We gotta try this."

"Finn's right." Will nodded, "So let's start rehearsing. This year, Glee Club's going full Santa."

Aria swore she saw her life flash before her eyes.

•••

THE GLEE CLUB WAS LEFT TRAUMATISED AFTER THAT HORRIFIC CAROLLING EXPERIENCE.

"I can't believe she threw her shoe at us." Puck muttered.

Aria sat on the piano as she listened to the others talk.

"I guess we're done caroling." Tina said, hanging up decorations on the new Christmas tree Mr. Schuester had gotten.

"No, we're not, guys." Finn spoke up, being the optimistic leader that he is, Aria rolled her eyes, "We can't let what just happened ruin our Christmas spirit. Mr. Schue got us this beautiful tree to inspire us. We're gonna practice now and gear up for round two tomorrow."