Scream - Within The Walls (6)

Armin Arlert

Male Group, 08-08-2020

The orange, morning sun is rising above the walls.

The gates are closing to keep us save from the Titans.

Everyone is gathered around one of the gates, because Levi isn't back from his daily run yet.

The shrieking of the closing gates make me even more nervous.

We can't lose another leader. We can't lose the strongest among us. We cannot lose Levi.

I see no one and the gates are slowly getting too closed up that Levi can come through them. He can't climb onto the walls to get inside, they're too high. He'd probably pass out because of the sudden height difference and fall off the edge. It would be too dangerous.

"Come, Armin," I hear a voice next to me, it's Reiner. "Levi isn't coming back, if he's not in time..." Reiner takes a deep breath. "... You know what I mean."

"Yeah," I say and I look down at me feet.

If Levi isn't in time, he's probably dead already.

Reiner walks away and in my eye corner I see other people walking away as well.

Standing here and hoping that he's okay won't make him come back.

I stare at my feet while I walk away with the rest of the group.

"Wait!" I hear Eren's voice yelling. "He's there! I can see him!"

I immediately turn around and see Levi walking in the distance.

"Use your ODM gear!" Connie yells at him.

I take another good look at Levi. He's slow, limping, covered in blood and I'm almost sure that his ODM gear is broken.

"Something's not right," I whisper. "He's wounded."

"He's not going to make it in time," Reiner says loud enough that everyone can hear him.

Reiner is right; Levi can never make this. It'll only take the gates a few more seconds to close.

"Come on, Levi!" Connie yells.

"Yeah!" Jean and Marco follow.

"You can still make it!" Marlo yells.

Levi is getting closer, but when he tries to make a run for it he falls onto the ground. He's not going to get up in time.

"No!" A shriek escapes from my mouth and I fold my hands in front of it. I look at the ground, I can't just stand here and watch another good leader, a strong person, a friend die.

Suddenly everyone get really noisy and when I hear someone asking "What the hell does he think he's doing?" I look up from the ground.

My mouth falls open when I see Eren squeezing himself through the closing doors.

What is he thinking! He's going to die!

Not even a second after Eren ran outside Wall Sina the gates close completely. I fall onto the ground and tears run over my cheeks.

We lost two people today.