Old Story - Within The Walls (15)

Hanji Zoë

THCO's computer room, 28-02-2021

"I'm Erwin Smith, THCO," the blonde man on the big computer screen says. "You got out of the walls, the place we put you in, but you probably wonder why we put you here in first place."

We're all staring at the huge screen. At least everyone who's left of us. The Titans killed a few of us, but we got out. The sacrifices of Frieda, Isabel, Nifa and Hanna weren't for nothing.

"We, THCO, needed you. You are important for us, we put you there for your own safety. Let me explain why." The man on the screen takes a deep breath and glances away. "Titans suddenly appeared here over a century ago. They devoured most humans on the planet. Everyone was in danger and civilization collapsed. There were only few that survived the Great Titan War. They constructed a few places on earth where people would be save by building big walls. These walls kept the Titans away. Humankind has lived inside of those walls for many years now. But by now most of those save places have fallen, but few are still standing. THCO has three of those save places. You have been safe in one of those. Why? You might ask. Because THCO and humanity needs you. You are strong human beings, trained to be weapons against the Titans. You've grown stronger inside of these save walls, the weaklings have passed away. Now that you're outside of the walls we know you are strong enough to fight this war. You'll be trained even more and the strongest among you get freedom after all. The weaker people will be trained harder until they're strong enough as well. You may live a normal life until the walls fall, they'll be strong enough to fight back!"

The recording cuts out and the screen turns black.