The World the Girl Saw - Within The Walls (11)

Mikasa Ackerman

Within Wall Sina, 02-09-2020

Where am I?

I run over the open field, searching for something. A way out, away from those men.

They've been asking me questions since I got here. Questions about where am from. Questions about THCO, about the people who raised me and who – after fifteen years of caring – put me in here.

I see a building with a door. The door is wide open and no one seems to be inside. I run into the house and close the door behind me. The men can't get to me in here.

I sit down on the ground and a tear rolls over my cheek. I immediately wipe it away.

You're not that weak!

I've learned to stay strong, not to cry. I was raised to be strong, a weapon.

But why would they throw their weapon away? Wasn't I strong enough?

I angrily stare at the key that they gave me. A golden key, which only fits on the way out.

I'll show them how strong I am by getting myself out of here.

I hear the men talking outside the door, but I'm not scared. They're weak, one of them wasn't even strong enough to keep me from leaving the hospital. One punch to his knee and he was down.

"What's going on here?" I hear a voice yell.

"She's inside, the new girl," a voice replies.

Someone knocks on the door and I huddle up against the wall.

"Hey," the familiar voice asks. "You don't have to hide from us."

I don't answer, but I listen to the boy's voice. I've heard it before, I'm sure of it.

"I won't hurt you," he keeps talking. "Could you open the door so I can get in?"

I want to answer by saying no, but something tells me that I should let him get in. I carefully walk towards the door and open it, immediately running back to the furthest corner.

A teenage boy with dark brown hair walks into the building. He walks over the floor carefully and he's slowly getting closer. His teal-green eyes stare at me and he carefully smiles.

"Can I know your name?" he asks, while he carefully crutches down next to me.

I nod. "Mikasa Ackerman," I whisper and I look at my lap.

"Wait, you remember your name?" he asks, but I don't know what he's talking about.

I shrug. "You don't?"

"Not at first," he says.

"What is your name?" I want to know, I have told him my name after all.

"Eren."

I gasp and look away. I've known him since I was really young. He's sir Jäger's son.

Why did I only remember his voice?

"D-do you remember me?" I need to know, if he doesn't remember me they must've done to him what they did to the rest of them.

"No, should I know you?"

Shit. They shouldn't have done that.

I angrily look at my lap.

"No," I lie.

They did it. They erased all of his memories, just like they did with all of them. So he's weak in THCO's eyes? Weak like all the other people that they send away without their memory. Do we all belong to the weaklings who didn't get the freedom like the strongest got?

"What's wrong?" I feel a hand on my shoulder. I pull away and take a deep breath.

"They did it," I whisper. "They erased your memory, did they?"

"I think so."

"You're the so-..." I want to tell him about his dad, but I decide not to. "Never mind."

"What?"

"Nothing," I say. "I'm hungry."

Eren smiles at me and nods.

"Lets get some food," he says. "I could use some too."

He sticks out his hand and I grab it. His beautiful green eyes shine when he pulls me up from the ground. I fall against him when I'm on my feet. He catches me with his chest, but helps me back on my feet as soon as he can.

"Can you walk?"

What a stupid question, of course I can!

"Yes," I whisper.

"Okay, lets go."