Chapter 1

"You guys broke up again? Isn't this like the 5th time already?"

I glanced up at the sudden change of conversation as my three best friends all sighed heavily. Riley, now the center of attention, rolled her eyes as she took out her cell phone.

"It's really over this time," she repeated once again as if she were a broken record. "I've blocked him on everything, I'm really done with him this time, he messed up."

"You said the exact same thing the last time you guys broke up," Areum piped up, pulling her eyes from her phone to look at Riley. "And the time before that, and the time before that."

I hummed in response, causing Riley to whine and grab my hands. "Oh come on, Haeyoung, you're always on my side. You believe me, right?"

"She obviously doesn't if she just agreed with Areum," Sejin said, causing Riley to slouch her shoulders dramatically. "You'll be back with him in a week or two. I can promise you that. You guys break up over stupid shit anyway."

"We do not--"

"He dumped you because you forgot to answer his call one time," I cut her off, Areum and Sejin nodding in response. "You broke up with him because he didn't come to your sister's birthday party. Shall I go on?"

As Riley pouted in response to us shitting on her toxic relationship, I felt my phone buzz in my hands and glanced down at it.

"Ah, Taehyung's here for me," I said, swinging my legs over the side of Sejin's bed to slide my shoes on. "You guys wanna walk me outside to say hi?"

"Your brother is weird," Riley scrunched up her nose. "He stares for too long and makes me feel uncomfortable."

"Riley you know her brother has issues, stop being stingy," Sejin slapped Riley's arm before climbing off her bed. Areum followed suit, leaving Riley no choice but to follow us outside.

I walked down the stairs, waving goodbye to Sejin's parents on the couch as I approached the door. I pulled it open, waving to my brother as we approached the car.

He rolled the window down as I opened the car door and climbed inside. "Hey, ladies. Hope you had fun!"

"Hi, Taehyung," Areum giggled flirtatiously, earning a heavy eye roll from me. I knew she had a crush on my brother, but I also knew he was oblivious to any type of flirting. "Always a pleasure seeing you."

Taehyung laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, I'll be leaving now. Nice seeing all of you!"

The girls waved goodbye before turning around to head back inside Sejin's house and I sighed as I looked over at Taehyung. "Namjoon said you could drive?"

"No," he answered honestly as usual. "But I wanted to pick you up, so I didn't ask him. Or Jin."

I sighed again, staring at his face for a moment as we began to drive. My older brother and his boyfriend took care of Taehyung and me. Our parents had died shortly after I was born, so I never knew who they were.

Namjoon was the only parent I ever knew, along with his boyfriend Jin. Namjoon had it rough, having to become a parent to both of us at such a young age. But, with the help of Jin, we were able to manage.

It was still hard for all of us since Taehyung was on the Autism spectrum. He was high functioning, but it was still hard for Namjoon to take care of both of us while making sure Taehyung was okay.

We pulled into our driveway to see an angry Jin waiting for us on the porch. Taehyung instantly pouted, slowly taking the key out of the ignition as Jin stomped over to the car. "Kim Taehyung, boy are you in big trouble."