09

As the waiter came back, he was pulling something from under the table.

Winslet had him in a chokehold no more than three seconds later. Ziva pulled a gun from under the table and shot him cleanly between his two eyebrows. Raina was trying to figure out which dish was hers.

She had forgotten to eat lunch.

Ziva and Winslet both smacked Raina on the head this time and told her to get up. They dragged the four guys out and rushed the valet to get their cars. He came back quickly and they got into Ziva's new Jeep.

"Dear Lord, please provide one day without someone trying to kill us. Just one day, please!" Raina groaned, smacking her forehead. She hadn't ordered extra cheese on her pasta just for it to be thrown away.

"What the hell? What just happened?" Diego's eyes were still wide and the adrenaline hadn't worn off, despite not doing anything. The girls were all calm, except Raina who was mourning her uneaten food.

"That waiter was about to chuck a knife at us. One of us would've been bleeding by now if Winslet hadn't choked him." Ziva said as she swerved left and right. Traffic wasn't looking too good on the main road, so she weaved in between traffic until she was able to speed freely to their destination.

"Could you guys like not manspread? I can't even feel my ass." Raina's right cheek was pushed against the window. There were only three seats and Raina was just about squished onto Brody. He wasn't complaining; she was a very cute girl. However, Raina's attention was directed towards Kai. She found his dark hair and darker eyes to be attractive.

"Shut up, Raina. We're almost there. The party is probably already in full swing." Ziva accelerated and quickly entered into a neighborhood full of mansions and lawns full of fake grass. Kai reminisced about how much his parents despised artificial houses. They always told him the size of a house did not matter, but the memories made would.

Ziva swerved in the middle of the road and told everyone to get out. She had been keeping up with the guest list on her smartwatch at dinner and knew that they were the last guests to arrive, according to the camera footage.

Ziva intertwined her arm with Diego's, Raina's with Kai's, and Winslet's with Brody. Cale was left to walk behind them, his hands cooly tucked in his pockets. He did not understand what they were doing there, but it was already too late by that point to ask questions.

"Kai, you will go upstairs and head into the third room on the right. Pick the lock with the bobby pin. Go the desk in the middle of the room and pick the lock of the drawer that is second to the bottom. Grab as many USB flash drives as you can and shove them into the pocket that Raina sewed into your tie. Remember to zip the pocket because you might encounter some trouble on the way down."

As Ziva was speaking to him, Winslet was prepping him. Winslet shoved an earpiece into his right ear and concealed it with his hair. She shoved a small gun into his left sock and a knife into his right, just so he'd have some options. She handed everyone else their earpieces and weapons. They were ready.

Kai walked in front of them as they entered the house, smiling politely at the guards. Ziva shoved Kai towards the stairs, playing it off as if she tripped. He immediately got to work.

As he did that, Ziva checked her smartwatch to make sure she could still view the cameras within the house. She grabbed Diego's wrist. They were now within a few centimeters of each other. Diego's lips rose into a smirk.

"Why so close?" Ziva rolled her eyes at him as she continued working on his wrist.

"I'm programming your smartwatch to do what mine is doing. You will be able to see Kai from the upstairs cameras. Make sure he's all good, alright?" Diego nodded and Ziva was off. He was not good at many things, but technology was one of his biggest prides and joys.