21

Cale and Winslet snuck against the walls.

They became two with the shadows as they slithered and crept within the darkness that accompanied them. Despite both having light blonde hair, neither of them were visible.

The pair continued into the room, which was completely dark. Both of them slipped their night vision googles on and began the search for the files that they needed.

"Y'know, I never imagined I'd be doing this." Cale muttered so softly, Winslet had wondered if he had even said anything. She glanced at him in the darkness and shook her head.

"There are a lot of things we think we'll never do. Everything happens for a reason, though. Maybe you be getting something good out of this." Winslet threw him a small grin and continued searching.

"Oh, I did alright." Cale said as he got a wide view from behind of Winslet's assets. He usually did not care much for women, but even he could not pass up Winslet's beauty.

"Okay, Lovebirds. Mission now, sex later." Brody joked into the microphone. Raina and Brody were on the floor below Cale and Winslet, gently swaying to the light music in the background.

"I forgot to tell you how beautiful you look tonight." Raina blushed and looked down. She was not really used to receiving compliments. Brody tilted her chin upwards using his index fingers. "Really, I mean it."

"Mission now, sex later." The sound of Cale's mocking voice entered their ears. "We'll be needing a distraction very soon."

Raina rubbed the bump that was placed on her stomach. She was pretending to be eight-and-a-half months pregnant. Brody had a tiny flask of water in his coat jacket that he was ready to spill any minutes.

"Distraction, now!"

Brody spilled the water on the ground.

"Ow! My baby! My baby!" Raina became a bubbling mess and held her stomach tighter. Brody pretended to assist her. Raina's groans intensified as gasps were heard from around them.

Thanks to Ziva's inconvenient parking, none of the cars would be able to get out of the driveway anytime soon. The closest hospital was more than thirty minutes away.

Somewhere downstairs, Ziva and Diego were almost finished disabling the camera system.

"Hey, you hear that?" Ziva stilled, wondering what Diego's ears might be picking up. Diego acted on impulse and shoved them into the closet as stealthily as he could. He left the door open a tad so they could hear what was going on.

"Someone cleared all of the camera footage out!" The guards sighed in defeat and sat down. They knew they would be getting fired for sure. Ziva and Diego almost felt bad for them.

Keyword: almost.

The pair stayed quiet.

As they hid in the closet, Kai continued talking with the mystery man. Kai still didn't know his name, but he liked the man's aura nevertheless.

"While talking with you is great, I have things to do. Tell your friends they might want to hurry." Gio tapped Kai's mic that was still in his ear. "Did you guys get that?" Confirmations were heard and Gio was on his way.

Kai rushed out the house. He started Ziva's car and waited in it for everyone to rush out. A howling Raina and a worrisome Brody walked out of the mansion. Kai snickered at the actual thought of Brody becoming a father.

"You were amazing! I felt as if I were the baby myself." Brody had a large grin on his face as he complimented Raina.

Raina shook her head. "I saw the sweat beads on your face, you did great, too." Kai rolled his eyes and checked his phone. Ziva, Diego, Cale, and Winslet only had five more minutes to get out the house before it'd be blown to pieces.

Luckily, Diego and Ziva came stumbling out the house, flashlight in hand. They ran to the car and got in. The whole gang was patiently waiting for Cale and Winslet.

"They only have three more minutes. Gio does not wait for anyone." Kai wondered why and how Gio had the upper hand over the rest of them.

"How had he known about us?" Ziva and Raina snickered at his question.

"Gio knows everything we do," Raina started rather dramatically, "even before we are going to do it. He has eyes and ears literally everywhere."

"Nope. Not everywhere. He still hasn't figured out Roddy is connected with us." Ziva wondered how the smart man didn't connect the dots, but she realized that Roddy made the dots almost impossible to find.

"Or at least, he's making it seem like he doesn't know. He loves Roddy too much to let something like this drive them apart."

"Okay, y'all, that's enough now. Cale and Winslet are still in the house that is about to explode in a minute." Truthfully, Kai just wanted the conversation to end. He had no intention of listening to how much some guy loved the girl he was pining over.

"Too late."

The mansion exploded.