16

They sat outside, admiring the nature.

Roddy was in the back, gardening. Every once in a while, Kai caught Roddy working on the flowers in the back and digging tunnels for the many animals that inhabited the woods beyond them. He always offered to help, but he realized that Roddy was very picky with how she liked the soil to lay.

A few feet away, Diego's head was perched in Ziva's lap, allowing him to study the Hispanic and African beauty above him. The sunrise was doing wonders to her already stunning complexion. The small grin on her face combined with her shining long brown curly mane was a recipe for perfection.

Diego realized he could not compare to her.

Brody, who was slumped up against a tree, held Raina as if she were a doll. She barely reached his neck when they stood! Both of them breathed contently as they caught some gentle Z's.

"Cale, you can't use that card right now. Wait until your next turn." Winslet huffed, tired of the cocky smile she received every time she lost. The game has to be rigged.

"I think you're just jealous of my strategic mindset." The cocky smile returned and Winslet groaned, smacking her head with the deck of cards.

"I've never seen Cale talk so much before." Kai muttered to Roddy, who paused gardening to observe the two. Roddy noticed this as well. Winslet only ever talked during missions.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Kai enjoyed sitting down and getting to relax with the group, especially Roddy, but he knew there was more to it.

"Yeah, today's mission is just me. It's been a rough week for everyone." Roddy herself looked exhausted. Her eye bags were deep and she was still recovering from injuries.

"No way, I'm coming." Roddy was about to interject but Kai beat her to it. "You said it yourself, we make a great team."

He had her there.

★★★

Kai couldn't stop staring.

The black polyester suit cling to Roddy's every curve.

And there were a lot of them.

Roddy was having a similar problem. Kai's toned body was very defined. She had seen him shirtless before, but she liked the color black on him and was very sleep deprived.

"We're taking a Range Rover, c'mon." The two of them grabbed their duffel bags and entered the awaiting car. Kai wondered how many cars they had for her to use the word "a."

Roddy and him set out for the thirteen hour drive.

★★★

"See that little window up there?" Roddy whispered, pointing to a window on the seventh floor. "That leads into the room we need to be in."

"Roddy, are you crazy? I am not going to even be able to get my head through that!" Kai gawked at the window. It shouldn't even have been considered a window!

"Okay, fatass. What do you want, a cookie?" Roddy snickered at her own joke. She threw Kai a grappling hook, which he inspected with interest. He saw people in the movies use them all the time but didn't know they really existed.

Roddy scaled the building with ease while Kai did it with a lot less ease. Kai wondered how the guards couldn't see them, but then remembered the polyester suits that they had on.

"Can anybody see us?" It was dark outside, but Kai could vaguely see Roddy furrow her eyebrows.

"No, dimwit. You think we decided to wear these outfits for fun? Also if you haven't noticed, my hair is black and yours is pretty close to it."

"Woah, is that why your hair is black?" Kai heard a chuckle come out of Roddy. He liked that he could make her smile.

"My parents were both blondes. I'm the only one who inherited my grandfather's raven hair. It does help on missions like these, but in daylight, my eyes contrast with my hair. It tends to make me a little too noticeable."

"Well, I for one," Kai started extra breathily, "think you look beautiful. Blonde hair wouldn't have made you look quite as badass." Unfortunately, Kai couldn't see the dash of pink of Roddy's face as well as the large smile that took up over half her face.

She muttered a faint few words of appreciation before arriving at the designated entry spot. She took off the scrunchie from her hair and revealed a concealed knife from the inside. She opened the window skillfully and pushed her leg through.

As soon of both of them were in the darkened room, Roddy walked around and inspected the room. She seemed to be looking for something, but Kai did not know what.

"Uh, whatcha doin' buddy?" She held up her index finger and continued searching. Her finger clicked into something and she smiled.

"Aha!" Roddy crouched and pushed herself through. Kai followed her lead and entered.

Nothing would've prepared them for what was on the other side.