32

It was a week later.

Nobody felt as though it was right to continue staying in the house by that point. The terrible memories had overrode the good ones and everyone was looking for a break.

Plus, she owned the house.

So all of them got in the car and planned on heading over to Gio's to tell him the truth. However, Kai had the sudden urge to drive back to his old house, where he expected to find ashes and rubble.

He did not expect to find a house tens the size of his older one in its place.

Collective gasps were heard as drove up the driveway and was quick to enter the house. Everyone in the car followed suite.

Kai broke down on the floor at the sight of his family as Ziva's little brothers came hurdling at her. Embraces were shared as love flowed throughout the group.

They were home.

★★★

Roddy felt dead.

The cashier in the gas station seemed worried but Roddy could not even care by that point. Roddy was handed her purchases as she walked outside and pulled out a cigarette. It was a habit she had dropped long ago, but nobody was there to care for her anymore.

"Tough night?" A rugged man who seemed to be in his twenties asked her. She scoffed at the question.

"Try tough life." She threw him a wry smile as she inhaled and blew into the air. Roddy took a second to inspect the cigarette and she grinned. In a few hours, she would be setting herself on fire as well. She could not wait.

"Well, can I help you in any way?" Roddy raised an eyebrow at the stranger. Nobody had ever offered to help her before.

"My problems aren't fixable. They're stuck with me, forever." The man chuckled at her, throwing his hands upwards in surrender.

"I'm not a shrink, I'm just trying to help."

Roddy took another glance at the man beside her. She did not know him, so she really had nothing to lose. She pulled the package from her coat pocket and handed it to him. She told him when to deliver it and how.

The stranger left with a smile and a wave.

The end was near.

★★★

Gio was on his way.

His private plane landed at a private airport close to the mental asylum, where he would finally get to hold his brother. Gio was ecstatic.

Once arriving, he entered the facility and was quick to find his brother. He did not expect the sight of Furseo hunched over his bed, tears falling smoothly down his cheeks. Gio took Furseo into his arms, almost crushing the black envelope that Furseo held.

"She's gone, Gio! She's gone." Furseo's words decreased in volume until they were mere whispers into the air. Gio's head snapped up, noticing Furseo crying over the piece of paper. Gio gently grabbed it and read it a few times, making sure his eyes were not deceiving him.

Gio grabbed Furseo by the arm and rushed him outside. They entered the plane and Gio commanded the pilot to fly the fastest he ever had before.

They arrived in thirty minutes.

Gio crumbled.

He was too late.

He had his phone in his hand as he stared at the burning building. All of the entrances were blocked as well as the windows. Just a few minutes ago, he had let everyone know what was happening as Roddy's house crumbled to the ground.

He hoped nobody was in there.

The gang arrived and hopped out of the car for the second time that day. After getting well acquainted with their families, all of them were content.

Until they saw the fire.

The flames continued.

On the third floor, a window was opened. Roddy smiled at them and waved.

Jennings appeared soon after, getting Roddy's coordinates from the locket that she had pressed only minutes prior.

All of them sprinted, screaming at her to jump. She shook her head as she walked backwards, throwing herself into the pit of fire.

"Roddy! No!" Gio yelled as loud as he could, but it was not enough.

The roof collapsed.

Everyone was silent.

Goodbye, Roddy.