Chapter 6

I let out a sigh as I walked to the captain's quarters. We had finally picked everyone up and no longer had to deal with tours or his 'loving' father.

"Come in." A deep voice said after I had knocked on the door.

I walked inside and saw Ben sitting at his desk with a report. He sent me a smile and set it down.

"Boy am I happy to see you." He said with a chuckle.

"I came to tell you your father has requested to see you." I said playfully.

He let out a groan and I shook my head and held back a laugh.

"I'm joking." I said with a smile.

"I'm replacing you for Chekhov." He said with a frown.

"Finally, my dream come true."

He let out a laugh and shook his head.

"So why are you really here?" He asked as I set on his bed.

"Came to check on you." I said softly.

"He is still the same, after all those years... I thought if I was captain I would make him proud." He said as he let out a sigh.

"I think he is proud, just to stubborn to admit it." I said softly.

"You don't know him then." He said as he shook his head.

"Well this is the first time I've ever met him, so you know." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Lucky you." He said as he picked his report back up.

"So want to tell me why you are so stressed? Other then your father being here."

He let out a sigh and leaned back in his chair.

"He can always see through me. He knows what I'm thinking and he knows how I feel and how I react around people I... care about." He said as he bit his lip.

"And?"

"You know... Crystal is a pretty name." Ben said with a smirk.

I let out a groan and he burst out laughing.

"I thought you hadn't heard him." I said as I looked away.

"Oh I heard. You know I've waited a long time to know your name... and I was a little disappointed when you didn't tell me as soon as I became Captain, I mean we did have a deal."

"I know but- wait you remembered me!"

He let out another laugh as I tackled him into the bed. We rolled around and I soon landed under him.

"I could never forget the girl that got me through school." He said with a smile.

"Cheeky-"

I was cut off by him tickling my sides.

"Stop! Stop! I give! I give!" I yelped out.

"Say I'm the best captain."

"You're the best captain!"

He let out a laugh and stopped. I met his eyes and he let out a sigh as I heard Sulu call for us on bridge.

"Time for work." I said as he climbed off of me.