Chapter 8

I felt the ship turn and roughly hit the wall. Ben quickly helped me back up and we ran to the transporter.

"Peter get a lock on my father and beam us down!" Ben ordered.

"Yes sir." He said with a nod of his head.

I held my breath and waited for us to make it onto the world. As soon as we beamed down I saw Kirk in a fight with Alex. Ben quickly tackled him and I grabbed my phaser and got ready to stun Alex. I watched him throw Ben off of him and then pull out a knife.

"No!" I yelled as I shot Alex.

I watched him hit the ground and I quickly ran to Ben's side.

"Ben, are you okay?" I asked as I checked him over.

"Yea... just a scratch." He groaned out."

I helped him stand and we both looked at Alex.

"Told you to shoot that ship down." Kirk said as he walked over to Ben and took his other arm.

"Shut up." Ben groaned as we got him to McCoy.

After getting him patched up I left to check on Alex.

"So he sends you." Alex said not looking up at me.

"Why did you attack Kirk?"

"He killed my father."

"You're father killed thousand of people." I said sternly.

"Yes but... my mother didn't. She was a historian.... she was a kind and honest woman and Kirk killed her."

"I read she died on that planet." I said softly.

"The planet he left her on! She didn't last a long... five years and then she died... and Kirk did nothing to help us!"

"I'm sorry."

"You will be... all of you will be. Including Kirk. I know how he lost one son... and I wonder how will he do with losing another."

"If you make any move against Ben, I'll kill you."

"Oh I won't be attacking Ben.... not physically." He said with a smirk.

"And what do you mean by that?"

"Only... I always wondered if a man could survive losing the love of his life, by his best friends hands?" He asked with a smirk.

I saw his eyes shoot behind me and I quickly turned in time to feel a knife go through my chest. I let out a gasp and grabbed onto the person's hand.

"Peter?" I gasped out as I met his eyes.

"He can't hear you... see he is my little puppet... he will do whatever I say."

Peter's eyes were dead and he didn't have the smile that normally was on his face.

"It took me years to be able to get into a person's mind.... months to get the idea." He said with a laugh.

"How?" I gasped out.

"My pendant has a machine that allows me to control the person wearing my bracelet... luckily Peter was watching me when I nearly chocked on a piece of bread. Now... finish her." He said with a smirk.

Peter twisted the knife and I let out a scream as he threw me to the ground.

"Thank you, Peter... now slit her throat." Alex ordered.

"Peter... don't!" I gasped out.

He went to stab me but someone threw him to the ground. Before I could see who it was fighting him I passed out.