Chapter 6

Nico's POV

The light gave out, I saw Tibby standing next to me, scanning our surroundings, we were in a town, it wasn't busy and looked modern.

"We're.... in Portland" Tibby said quietly from my side.

I looked over at him, questioning how he knew.

"You been here before?" I asked him, he shook his head slightly.

"Not this version, but I have been here before " he said.

"Hello, I'm assuming you're Nico Di Angelo and Tibby Devon" a young blonde girl walked up to us, she looked no older than 12, she gave a sparkling smile at us, she was clearly used to persuasion on others, she was wearing a long, white dress with white flats, definitely not someone you would see in Portland in 2018.

"I uh yeah, I'm Nico, may I ask who you are?" I asked to young girl.

"My names Diana Shade, you know my mummy's boyfriend"

"Boyfriend?" I asked her, she nodded.

"Yup, you know Nick, I saw you with him" She said.

"How?" Tibby asked, Diana smiled before her eyes turned a beautiful lilic colour and objects around us started to lift off the ground.

"Holy shit" I said under my breath.

"I need your help, my friends are in danger, well we all are, but I know that they are the closest to death in this situation " Diana said.

"How can we help?" Tibby asked.

"We just need to get to their shop, after that we're safe" Diana said.

"Alright, where is it?" I asked her, she pointed down the street to a small shop.

"There it is" she smiled, I started walking down the street, Tibby ran to my side, Diana following shortly behind.

"Do you trust her?" I asked Tibby.

"She's a child, I don't think she'll hurt us" he said.

"But the thing with her eyes, that isn't normal " I said to him, he looked up at me.

"Is anyone normal?" He asked me, I shook me head.

""I don't think so" I said, I stopped in front of the ship Diana pointed out.

Exotic spice and tea

"You can go in" Diana said, I nodded and opened the door.

Inside was two people, both looking in their late 20s, one was female, with light brown hair and brown eyes, she was wearing a white, sleeveless blouse with a red skirt, a red fur coat and white fur boots, the other was male with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, he was wearing a white shirt with brown trousers, a brown fur coat and brown fur boots.

"Monroe, Rosalee, I found them" Diana said happily, the people turned to look at us, the woman smiled and approached us.

"Thank you Diana " she said quietly before turning to look at us.

"I'm sorry if this is strange to the both of you but we needed to get you here some way of another, I'm Rosalee and this is my husband Monroe, it's a pleasure to meet you both." The women, Rosalee said.

"It's nice to meet you too" Tibby said, the woman smiled, she seemed far to happy for the situation she was in.

"How are you so happy?" I asked her, she gave me a warm smile.

"Because I knew the both of you would show up, that means we're all safe, if I'm correct then the others should all be at their bases as well by now" She said.

"How do you know that?" I asked her, her husband pointed towards a security camera in the top corner by the counter.

"They watch us, once everyone's back together, the guardians will start their preparations for the trails" Monroe said, I was confused.

"Trails?" I asked him, he nodded.

"They have 3 of the strongest groups of people who aren't meant to be in this world, get 4 of them, each with a guardian of there own, ours is Diana, they put us through trails together to see if they can last together." Monroe explained, I looked over at Tibby, who was just as confused as me.

"How many trails is there?" Tibby asked.

"10, 15 at most" Monroe said.

"How long are we going to be trapped for?" I asked.

"At most, 4 months" Rosalee said.

Something flew in through the big shop window, the once calm couple now looked worried.

"We need to leave, the hunters are coming " Diana said, I looked at her confused.

"The hunters?" I asked her, she nodded.

"They help the guardians" Rosalee said as she grabbed Diana's hand and led her out the back, Tibby, Monroe and I rushed after them, we tiptoed out the back of the shop down a dimly lit passage way.

A light appeared at the end of the passage, Rosalee and Monroe walked through, Diana followed shortly behind.

"We're going to die " I heard Tibby say quietly, I laughed.

"I think I could make a deal to bring us back" I said to him as I walked to the light, Tibby followed behind me.

We walked into the couch room, the two other groups walked in at the same time.