Chapter Seventeen

"Where are you going?"Jasper asked a well dressed Henry.
"You have a date?"He added.
Henry looked at himself.
"Do i look like am going for a date"He asked him.
"It is just you have not dressed this good in a long time"Jasper said.
Henry rolled his eyes at him.
"I am going to meet Charlotte"Henry said.
"Did i hear you correctly?"Jasper asked.
"Am ready to talk to her. I want is to fix this mess already"He said.
Jasper smiled.
"You gotta watch Kath for me, Piper will come and take her later"He said.
"No problem man. Am proud of you"He said.
"I better get going"He said and left.
"Good luck"Jasper shouted.
Jasper smiled happily to himself, Henry finally took the first step in fixing his relationship with Charlotte. Now he is sure that his friend will be really happy again.
Henry got to the park, he saw Charlotte sitting on one of the benches. He suddenly became nervous, he walked slowly to where she was.
"Charlotte"He said. She turned immediately.
"Henry"Was all that came out of her mouth. She had been practising how and what to say to him but immediately she heard her name she lost everything. The fact that he was standing in front of her looking effortlessly handsome didn't help at all. His hair was perfectly styled that she was tempted to run a hand through it. The shirt he was putting on hugged his body tightly exposing his perfect body been a super hero actually paid off. He looked too handsome for her peace of mind.
"Mind if i join you"She heard him say bringing her out of her thoughts. She simply nodded shyly. What was wrong with her, she never lost command of her words. Now here she is not knowing what to say to Henry the one person she had been yearning to talk to.
"You wanted to talk"He said and she nodded.
"So here i am"He added.
She took a very deep breath.
"Henry i know i wronged you and words can't express how sorry i am"She said. He was looking at her intensely and making her uncomfortable.
"Why did you leave without telling. You know i would never turn my back on you"He asked.
"I know that"She replied.
"Then why did you leave? Why didn't you come to me"He asked a little angry this time.
"I was confused, i didn't know what to do. And things were working out well between you and that girl you were dating"She replied.
"That is not enough reason. You know you were more important to me than her. You were carrying my child, you were carrying our child, i would have done anything for you. I would have done anything for the both of you"He said with the same intense look.
"I know you would have done all that, that is why i left. I didn't wanna tie you down with the responsibilities of been a father. I wanted you to have your freedom. To be happy"She said.
"Happy? You think leaving me will bring me happiness"He asked pissed.
"I didn't wanna ruin you"She replied quietly.
"Well you did. Leaving me ruined everything. It destroyed me, i was a mess without you. It destroyed us"He shouted this time.
"I was wrong that is why am here right now to try to fix this. I want to fix this. I want to fix us"She said cupping his face. She could feel him relax and his mood soften.
"Am really sorry Hen"She said looking intensely at him"i wish i could go back in time".
"I just want to ask you this, when did Chance find out about Kath?"He asked. She was quiet, she didn't expect him to bring Chance into this.
"Just answer me Charlotte"He said almost in a whisper.
"Few days after i found out i was pregnant"She replied.
He released his face from her grip. His anger rose again. How could she tell Chance but not him.
"How could You"He thundered causing Charlotte to shiver.
"It was easy for you to tell him but not me. It wasn't even his child, it was mine. I should be the one you should have gone to and not the other way round" He said angrily.
"I was wrong, i am sorry. I needed someone to talk to and he happened to come by"Charlotte said.
"I can forgive any other thing but i can never forgive you for taking my fatherly right and handing it over to another. I should be the one with you during your pregnancy, i should be the one with you in the delivery room. I should be the one who gets to carry my baby first, i should have watched her take her first step. Say her first word. There are so many things i should have done for her but you took them away and gave them to your boyfriend"He shouted.
"He is not my boyfriend and Chance never took your place. I gave Kath your name"She said.
He looked up immediately.
"You were always her father and no one else"She said quietly.
He looked at her in silence for some time.
"I don't think i can forgive you Charlotte, at least not yet"He said with tears.
"Believe me i want all of this to end because i don't want Kath to suffer anymore but i can't force myself to forgive you"He added.
Charlotte looked down and wiped off tears.
"I understand but can we at least pretend we are okay in front of Kath"She pleaded.
"I don't think deceiving her is a good idea. It might affect her"Henry said.
"She will get affected more if she feels we haven't settled things"She said.
"Please help me"She added.
He thought about it. Pretending like everything is okay when it is not doesn't sound like a good idea to him but He would do anything for his daughter.
"Okay. Lets pretend but only when we are in Kath's presence"He said.
"Am doing this for my child"He said and left. Everyone said he would feel better if he talked to Charlotte but he feels worse than he felt this morning. Finding out Chance knew about his daughter way before him really did hurt his ego. Honestly he doesn't know what hurts more the fact she didn't tell him or the fact that she told his enemy first? He walked home feeling angry with himself, with Charlotte and with Chance.
Charlotte wasn't expecting Henry to forgive her right away but she didn't think he would accuse her of giving another person what belonged to him.
She was hurt that he felt she could do something like that to him. She doesn't really blame, it is all her fault. She broke his trust. She might not have gotten the forgiveness she wanted but she gets to make her daughter happy even though it will be all acting. She believes one day he will forgive her.
########
Double update 💃💃
Am proud of myself 😁😁
Vote and comment people ❤❤