Chapter Twenty_Five

"Babe are you home"Henry said walking into Charlotte 's apartment.
"Yes, in the kitchen"she shouted. He walked straight to the kitchen. He perceive the wonderful aroma of the food she was cooking and it made him hungry.
"I can't wait to have that in my mouth"Henry said snaking his arms round her waist. She turned to face him.
"Good evening to you too"she said sarcastically. He ignored her comment and bent to kiss gently on her mouth.
"How was your day?"She asked.
He looked tiredly at her.
"You had a hectic day?" She said. He simply nodded.
"Where is kath?" Henry asked.
"Upstairs in her room"she replied. Right on cue Kath walked inside the kitchen.
"I knew it was my daddy's voice I heard"she said walking over to give him a hug.
"How are you princess?"Henry asked.
"Am fine daddy. I have been waiting for you all day, I have something I wanna show you"She said
"What could that be?"Henry asked.
"It is a surprise. You have to come with me to find out” she said. Henry looked over at  Charlotte  who simply shrugged.
"Just go with her and find out while I get dinner ready"Charlotte said.
He kissed Charlotte on the cheeks before taking Kath upstairs to see what the surprise is.
"So I made a drawing of us. That is you, mummy and me"she said excitedly showing him the drawing she made. They were all holding one another's hand. He could see the smile on there faces. He smiled too.
"I want us to be together forever"Kath said.
"I have never been this happy my whole life. You made me very happy and mummy too. Since you became part of us we have been very happy. I want us to be together forever"she added. He placed her on his laps.
"I want that too"Henry said.
"Then move in with us. Come live with mummy and me. I know you visit me everyday , we should live in the same house like a real family"Kath said.
"We might not stay in the same house but it doesn't mean we are not a  real family. What really matters is how much we care about each other. How much we love each other"Henry replied.
She looked up at him.
"I love you daddy"she said.
"I love you more my princess. Very much. You and your mummy means so much to me".Henry said kissing her forehead.
Charlotte watched them from outside the room. She wiped off the tears that threatened to escape from her eyes. She slowly walked in the room.
"Dinner is ready guys"she announced.
Henry looked up at her and she smiled proudly at him. He really knows how to be a good father.
"Let us go princess. daddy is really starving"Henry said and pick up Kath and they headed for dinner.
Hours later after dinner, Henry had just finished tucking Kath in for bed.
"You look dead tired"Charlotte said taking the seat beside him.
"I just need a little rest"he said. Charlotte looked at him. She stood up, massaging him gently on his head. 
"Oh"Henry said"that feels good".
"What has been stressing you out anyway. I noticed you seem to have something up your sleeve"she asked. He simply held her hands interrupting her session
He instructed her to sit beside him.
"Am fine char. Just normal everyday stress"Henry replied.
She squinted her eyes,observing him closely.
"I just need a good night sleep"He said.
She simply nodded stood up and offers him her hands which he took lovingly. She led him to her room where they snuggled up against each other and slept off.
Kath woke up around two in the morning, she opened her door and walked to her mummy's room. She found her mummy and daddy sleeping Peacefully. She smiled to herself. Climbed the bed waking Henry up in the process.
"Sorry"she said."I just wanted to join"
"Come over here princess"Henry beckoned and she went and lay between him and Charlotte. He closed his arm around them. Good thing he has long arms. He closed his eyes smiling brightly. Slowly he went back to sleep.
They didn't wake up till light poured into the room. Henry opened his eyes and saw his girls still sleeping Peacefully. He reached for his phone and took few shots. He lived for moments like this. He decided to make them breakfast. He left the room and went to the kitchen.
Moments later Kath fluttered her eyes open, her mum was still asleep but she couldn't find her dad.
"He left again"she said disappointedly.
Just then the door opened revealing Henry carrying a tray. Kath's face lit up immediately.
"Daddy"she rushed to him"I thought you left already".
"Lower your voice or you will wake mummy"Henry  said but it was too late.
"What are my two favourite people up to this morning"Charlotte said from the bed.
"Good morning mummy. Daddy brought you breakfast in bed. Isn't he the best"Kath said.
"Breakfast for the girls I love most in this world"Henry said setting down the tray.
"Good morning my love"Henry said planting a kiss on her lips.
"Good morning love"she replied.
"I trust you had a good night sleep"she added.
"The best I have heard in a very long time"he replied kissing her again this time deeper. 
"I will go brush my teeth now"Kath said and ran out of the room with her hand over her face. They watched her amused.
They had forgotten she was  there.
"I better go check on her"Henry  said.
Charlotte smiled to herself. She really is a lucky woman. She has a beautiful smart daughter and a man  that would do anything  for her. She silently prayed she wakes up to this every single day.
"It really is a beautiful day"she said happily.
####
Forgive me for any grammatical error.
Please vote and comment.