Chapter Twenty_Nine

(Kath's P. O. V)
Nights like this always made me feel like  the luckiest person on earth.
I made it to Stamford and would be leaving for college in three days. mum and dad decided to throw me a going away party. Everyone I knew was invited. I saw Ally talking to our dad, she was trying to get him to agree to something.  I could decipher from the puppy eyes she was giving. Daddy could never say no to that.
"Please daddy, can I have Kath's room when she is gone?"I heard her say with the cutest face she could make. She was batting her eyelashes.  I chuckled.
Dad would never agree to that.
"No Ally, that room is Kath's and it is not like she won't be coming back. She is just going to college. She is still a part of this family"Daddy said.
I smiled to myself.
"Please daddy"she said with the same expression.
"You really thought you could get dad to let you stay in my room"I said amused leaning slightly on my dad"You already tried that with mum and she said the same thing. When will you give up dear sister".
She sighed
"But I hate sleeping next door to Alec"Ally complained.
"Someone mentioned my name"Alec said.
"Get lost"Ally said.
He stuck out his tongue at her.
"So childish"She glared.
"So  are you enjoying the party, princess"my dad asked.
"Yes dad. It is good to see everybody together"I replied.
"Yo there is my favorite sis"Jace said hugging me.
"what do you want Jace?"I asked amused.
"What? Can't I hug my favorite sis again"He said feigning hurt.
I raised an eyebrow.
"I was just thinking maybe you could let me move to your room. I could take care of it for you"He said slyly.
Ally scoffed. Dad simply smiled and walked over to mum, he snaked his arms around her waist and rested his head on her shoulder. Some things never change I thought smiling.
"Really Jace?"I said still amused.
"Sis I just need more space for all my inventions"He said.
Jace did not only take after mum's hair color, he also took after her in almost everything. He  would always say he wanted to be just like mum. He is actually the most intelligent one in the family.
"No way Jace. Dad already said I could use  the room"Ally said sharply.
"Well it Kath's room not dad's. She makes the decision here. Who will it be sis?  Your adorable little brother who happens to be your favourite. And needs the room for science to help save humanity or her who only needs it probably to expand her fashion obsession. Humanity or fashion? ".He asked.
"Whatever, oddie"Ally said.
"Sis, she just called me oddie"Jace complain"she has to apologise".
They started bickering.
Oddie is nickname the twins like using on Jace especially when he pisses them off. But dear Jace doesn't like to be called that.
"Stop you two"i said firmly"what did  i say about refering to Jace as Oddie. Apologise to him now"
She hesitated
"Sorry Jace"Ally said.
"And am definitely not allowing any of you to use my room. Because I will be coming back to this house. So there is no need fighting over it. You guys didn't let me even leave first."I said.
They sighed frustratedly
"I still don't understand why mum and dad refuse to let me have my own lab"Jace said frustratedly.
"We simply refuse to let you burn down the house"Mum said with dad following closely behind her.
"You hurt me mum"Jace said pouting causing us to laugh."when I become the greatest inventor, I will watch all of you eat your words, I mean all of you".
"I believe Maddie is still waiting for you by the pool"Dad said still amused.
"Uh oh. I totally forgot about her. This conversation ain't finished yet"Jace shouted as he ran to the pool.
"I will miss that kid the most"I said.
"I still can't believe mum and dad spent so. Much on this party"Alec said.
"You are forgetting one thing dear twin brother, anything for there precious princess"Ally said looking at me.
"I hope we don't go bankrupt after this party"Alec said taking a sip of his drink.
"Even if we do, it is still worth it"Mum said.
Dad nodded.
"I just hope we don't end up homeless"Ally added.
"That is if Jace with the help of Maddie doesn't blow the house up first"Dad replied causing another round of laughter from all of us.
Maddie is Uncle Jasper's first and only daughter. She was born few months after Jace was born. They practically grew together, Just like mummy and daddy. So it normal to say Maddie is Jace's best friend. Though she always had that little girl's crush on him.
"How is the party going princess?"dad asked again with  his hands around mums waist.
"Perfect"I said"you know you guys didn't have to bother about this. Just a little get together would have been good".
"I said the same thing"Ally said.
"But not good enough for my Princess"My dad said ignoring her statement.
Ally scoffed.
"You guys are definitely throwing me a bigger party when I graduate high school"Ally said
"Then you have to graduate with higher grades than your sister and get into every college you applied to"Mum replied.
"Then get ready to throw me a bigger party"Alec said proudly. Of the twins, he is the more intelligent one. A perfect straight A student. Acing all his test and exams. Ally on the other hand wasn't bad actually just that she isn't as good as Alec and she doesn't really seem too interested in school work but she still does well after all.
"You are still gonna throw me a party anyway"Ally said.
"Of course sweetheart"Dad said. He always knows how to. Make us all feel equally loved.
"Congrats Kath"Uncle Jasper said joining our little circle.
"Thanks uncle"I replied politely with a smile.
"The princess grew into  a queen"Uncle Chance said"congrats Kath".
I hugged him.
"You are still dad princess"Dad said.
"Always"I replied with a smile.
"And am his queen"Mum said and dad agreed planting her a kiss on the lips.
"Anything to be extra cheesy"Ally said.
"So why don't you say something to the guest"aunt Piper suggested.
"Do I have to? Am not prepared for this"I said.
"You got this"Mum said with that looks that assured me that she had my back so I could do anything.
Dad got everybody's attention and then i began.
"It is with great honor I appreciate each and everyone one of you for being here today to share in my happiness. Thank you. Am grateful to My family. They might be loud and crazy but they are still mine. No matter what, they make up a huge part of who I am today. The strength, the security and most especially the love my family gives me drives me a little insane. My parents had proven to me that parental love is the only love that is truly unconditional, selfless and forgiving. The way they support my every decision. Correct me when am wrong and point me towards the right direction. There words of encouragement. It really gladdens me that am able to make them very proud. As a child I always looked up to my parents. I always wanted to Make them happy and proud. And am really glad they are proud of me. When I looked into my mothers eyes today I could see how proud she was and most of I saw the purest of love there. 'I am really proud of you Kath"She said.
A sentence am used to hearing from my parents. My teachers. Even from my grand parents. But hearing it earlier today from my mum. Made me realize how much I really wanted to make her proud. My mother, my first friend. My mentor.
"I love you mum"I said looking straight at her.
"i love you more princess"She replied blowing me a kiss.
"My dad. My super hero"I continued"Since my dad came into my life I have felt nothing but complete and happy. He goes out of his way to make his  princess happy. He is my friend. My hero. He gave me the greatest gift anyone could give me, a complete family. He believed so much in me that he would never let me doubt myself or feel bad anytime things don't work well for me. He had always been my anchor, my sail and guiding light whose love showed my siblings  and I the way. Thank you for being my dad and loving me"I said to him. He walked over and gave me a kiss on the fore head.
"I cant end this speech without mentioning my crazy siblings, they can certainly be a lot of work. Especially the twins who fights at every given opportunity. Constantly arguing over stupid things. they also played a major role in my life. Not withstanding all the fights, the rivalry and competition. We still loved each other and watched each others back. They are too precious to ignore. There are my friends, my partners in crime. My protector and most especially my teachers. They taught me how to build friendship and how to walk away from them. And I am grate full for them and I love them so much". I said.
"We love you too sis"Jace screamed.
"To other people who contributed alot in my life and making my dreams come true. I love you all. As I walk into a new phase of life. I promise to always make you all proud of me. And never to disappoint. i will miss you all but wherever I go you all are with me. Thank you. And enjoy the party"I concluded.
Everyone clapped. Mum was proud. Dad was proud and my siblings were proud. I felt happy. Fulfilled. I became a sister, daddy's little princess, mum's strength, Jace's  favourite. In  the end I wasn't just 'her mother's daughter'.
#####
I finally ended this story, it wasn't the best ending but you guys got to manage. Thanks for sticking through and your whole support.
Don't forget to check out my new book 'His own personal nurse'.