Chapter Six

"Who is Kath?"Jasper asked.
"She is this amazing girl I met"Henry said smiling.
"So you guys are dating?"Ray asked.
" Kath is just five years old"Henry said.
"Five years"Schwoz said with disgust. "You should be jailed"
"Don't be stupid Schwoz, Kath is like a daughter to me"Henry said rolling his eyes.
"Where did you meet this Kath?"Jasper asked.
"At the airport. She just moved to swell ville with her mum"Henry replied.
"Is her mum hot?"Ray asked.
Henry rolled his eyes at him and moved to the couch and sat down.
"I don't know who this girl is but am happy you met her. She really makes you happy"Jasper said Joining him in the couch.
"I can't explain why i feel why my heart feels at peace and all my troubles go away when am with her. I forget all my problems. She is really a blessing to me"He said resting his back on the couch.
"I would love to meet this Kath"Jasper said noticing how different Henry is when he talks about Kath.
"Me too but I would love to meet her mum too"Ray said.
Henry  ignored Ray. His mind drifted to Charlotte. Could she be married like Schwoz said. She might have a boyfriend or even a fiancee. Whatever the case maybe he needed to meet her and find out himself. He sighed and plopped inside the couch.
(Charlotte's resident)
Charlotte didn't get to see Henry  today. She felt relieved and at the same time disappointed. Relieved that she didn't have to explain any thing to him and disappointed that she didn't get to see him after staying away all this years. She found herself wondering what he would look like. She actually saw few of kid danger's video online, she had to admit the boy really looked smoking hot. When had he not been hot. She turned on her back and saw her daughter sleeping peacefully with a smile plastered on her face. Kath had insisted on sleeping with her today.   Lately she noticed Kath seemed very happy. She didn't seem bothered when she didn't come to pick her when she said she would, normally she would complain about it but today she didn't do anything. She doesn't complain anymore when she leaves her with the other kid to work in the laboratory. At first she thought that she made new friends, then she found out from the kids that she doesn't play with them and that left her worried. What could she be up to? Kath never hides anything from her but she is certain that she is keeping a secret. And she must find out what it is. She stroke her hair and slept off.
(Morning)
"Good morning mum"Kath said and kissed her mum.
"Morning sweet. Hope you slept well?"She asked.
"I slept like a baby"She said taking her seat on the dining.
"Someone sure does look extra happy today"Charlotte said.
"So what is the occasion"She asked.
"Its nothing mum. I just woke up happy and refreshed"Kath replied.
Charlotte looked at her intensely with raised eyebrow.
"What?"Kath asked innocently.
"You still realize am your mum, right?"She asked.
Kath nodded.
"So are you gonna tell me whats up with you or do I have to find out myself"Charlotte said.
Kath looked down at her feet, probably debating on what to do.
"Where did you go yesterday? Why were you late?"She asked instead.
"Don't try to Change the subject Kath"Charlotte said amused.
"But mum"Kath said.
"Don't try to act smart with me, you know it won't work. So tell me"Charlotte said.
Kath ran a hand through her hair nervously.
"Promise me you won't get mad"She said nervously.
"Now you are making me scared Kath. What have you been doing"She asked.
"Well, remember that man I told you about"She said nervously.
Her mum doesn't seem to recall.
"The man from the airport. My friend"Kath said"I Met him the other day and I have been meeting him secretly".
She could see her mum flare up in anger. She dropped the plate she was holding and matched angrily towards her.
"Mum please listen to me before you say or do anything. I know am not supposed to talk to strangers but He is not a stranger, he is my friend. He is a good man"Kath said.
"How do you know all of this. How could you keep this from me? I told you not to talk to strangers yet you disobeyed me and became friends with one"Charlotte said angrily.
"Am sorry I kept it from you but I was angry you would react this way"Kath said quietly.
Charlotte calmed down a bit.
"Kath strangers are dangerous. What if he harmed you. Do you think I could survive without you"She said calmly.
"He would never hurt me"Kath said.
"You are not allowed to meet him again"Charlotte said sternly.
"Mum, you can't do that. He is the only friend I have here"She said.
"Then you make new friends. There are so many kids to choose from"Charlotte said.
"I don't want to. He is my best friend. I don't need any other friend"She shouted with tears.
Charlotte couldn't believe her eyes, Kath doesn't cry often. Now she is crying because of a total stranger, someone she just met. How could she get so attached to him easily.
"Mum please don't take my best friend away from me"She said sobbing and hugging her mum.
Her mum hated to see her cry. So she picked her up and consoled her. Drying her tears with her hands.
"Stop crying sweetie, you know mum doesn't like to see you cry"She said drying her tears.
"Promise me you won't stop me from meeting my friend"She asked.
Charlotte thought for a moment.
"I can't promise anything Kath but I would love to meet him first. Know the kind of person he is"Charlotte said.
Kath mood brightened immediately she kissed her mum on the cheek happily.
"Thanks mum, I love you. I have to tell best"She said.
"But you are not going to meet him alone again"Charlotte said.
"Don't worry mum. I have his number, I will give him a call and tell him to come today"She said running to the phone.
"I love you"Kath shouted.
Charlotte smiled to herself. She kept on wondering who the guy Kath met was, if it is someone she knew. She hoped he is actually as nice as Kath said because she wouldn't want her baby associating with bad people. She sighed and went to see what Kath was doing.
"So what did he say"Charlotte asked.
"Its a yes mum. He is coming for lunch"Kath said.
"Lunch! You could have just invited him for dinner. You know I have to go to the office"Charlotte said.
"I was too excited to remember. We can go to the office now and come back before lunch"Kath said.
" I have to call Suzy and let her know that i wont make it to the office today. So young lady you are gonna help me and get things ready for lunch"She said to kath who just nodded happily.
"I love you mum"She said and hugged her mum.
#######