Chapter four

"Mum why do I have to stay here?"Kath asked. "Can't I come to the lab?"
"Am sorry Kath. You need to stay with the other kids, children aren't allowed  in the lab"Charlotte said.
"I promise I won't play in there, I will be a good girl"She said.
"I know you are good girl but we can't break the rules. Why don't you just stay with the other kids here, you can play with them"Charlotte said.
Kath looked at the other kids.
"I don't like them"She said pouting.
"Kath be a good girl. You don't even know them"Charlotte said.
"Alright mum, I will stay with them and wait for you"She said and sat down on the bench.
"Good girl. I gotta go"she said and kissed her head.
"I love you"Kath said.
"Me too"Charlotte replied and left.
Kath tried interacting with the other kids but she just didn't get along with them. So she left them and went and sat in a quiet area.
"Hey Kath"She heard someone say.
She turned and saw a masked man in a red and blue suit with a silver mask.
"How do you know my name?"She asked.
The man stood there speechless and scratching his hair.
"Who are you?"She asked.
"You can call me Kid danger"He said.
"But you are not a kid anymore"she said sternly.
He chuckled.
"I know just that I got the name as a kid and the name stuck"He replied.
"Okay, so what exactly do you do? Are you some sort of super hero?"She asked.
"Not really you can say am the side kick"He replied.
"So where is your boss?"She asked
"He is not here right now, he had something personal to do"He replied.
"So he left you to fight crime alone? He is no super hero. You are the real super hero"She said.
He smiled and crouched so he can be closer to her.
"So what are you doing here alone?"He asked.
"My mum is busy in the laboratory so I had to wait for her here"She replied.
"Why aren't with the other kids"he asked.
"I don't wanna hang out with them"she replied.
"Your mum must be really a big shot to work with this company"He asked.
"Yes she is actually in charge of the project. That is why we came to swell ville"she replied.
"So am guessing you don't have a friend here?"he asked.
"I do, I met him at the airport. I wish I get to see him again"she said.
"Am a super hero so I promise you that you will see your friend soon"He said.
"Really?"she said happily.
"I promise"he said smiling at her.
She stare at him and squinted her eyes. He did look very familiar. His eyes, she is sure she has seen them somewhere,  even his voice sounded so familiar.
"Have we met before?"She asked out of the blue.
He froze, and she stared wildly at him
"Uhmm,,I don't think so.  I gotta go"He said and ran off.
"Wait"she shouted but he already ran off.
she was sure she had seen him before but couldn't place where. She really hoped he would fulfill his promise and bring her friend to her.
"Hi Kath"She heard someone call.
She turned and it was the guy at the airport her heart exploded with joy and she ran and gave him a huge bear hug.
"I missed you so much"she said hugging him tightly.
Henry smiled and and held her tighter.
"Not as much as I missed you"He said.
"I knew you would fulfill your promise"she said breaking the hug.
He smiled at her and caressed her face.
"How did you find me?"She asked.
He tried saying something.
"Wait I know, kid danger brought you"She said excitedly.
He nodded.
"He did, he told me where to find you"He said.
She smiled wildly and went and sat on his laps.
"I wish my mum would come and see you"She said.
"She is still busy in the lab"He said.
"How did you know about that?"she asked.
"Ehmm"He stuttered.
"Kid danger told you, right?"She asked.
"Yup. Kid danger did"He said.
"So where is your dad?"He asked.
"I don't know, I have never met my dad"She said.
"Sorry about that"He said.
"You don't have to be, mum said one day she will take me to my dad and she said is soon"She replied.
"I can't wait to meet him. To play with him, have him read me good night stories. Carry me on his shoulder and do all those things father do for their daughter. I miss having a dad. My mum is cool, great and all that but everyday I wish I had my dad with me"She said dejected.
Henry felt his heart ache. He couldn't bear to see her even a little bit sad. He wanted to protect her, love her. He wanted her happy always. He cupped her face and smiled.
"I can play with you if you want. I can even carry you on my shoulder"He said trying to cheer her up
"Really"she asked excitedly.
"Yes, I have got strong muscles and you are still tiny"He said tickling her.
She laughed and begged him to stop.
"Why would you that?"she asked out of breath.
"Because If I had a daughter I would want her to be like you"He said.
That was really how he felt. He wished he had a daughter like her. He envied her father so much.
She smiled and he smiled back.
She reminded him so much of her especially the way she smells and the way she laughs. Her laughter sound so much like hers.
"I wish my dad would be just like you too"She said.
"I don't know who your dad is but I am sure he loves you so much and misses you too. You are an awesome girl"He said gently touching her hair. 
Kath felt happy, content. She felt safer than she ever felt in her life.
"I love you"She said surprising Henry.
He picked her up and spun her around and she laughed. He felt happy and contented. He felt complete. It was like he found something he lost. Kath really brings back the color to his life. For some reason he feels like he needs to protect her. To be her shield.
"I love you too"Henry said kissing her forehead.
Kath held him tightly and he took in her scent and it brought back all the memories. Charlotte. Kath really makes him think of her.
"So what do I call you? Can I call you best? "She asked.
He thought for a moment, only Char calls him that sometimes.
"Why do you want to call me that, you can call me by my name"He said waiting for her reaction.
"Well I consider you my best friend"She replied.
"Okay best"He said
A huge grin formed on her face
"Best friends forever"she said throwing both her hands up.
Best friends forever, she always always  used  that word.
He smiled wildly at Kath. 
"I will always be here for you "He said in a whisper kissing her fore head and she giggled and hugged him.
They played together while they waited for her mum to come out but it  seemed like the experiment was taking longer than expected. Henry's watch beeped, he was reluctant to leave her but he had to because he knew someone was in danger  and Ray is probably too lazy to go. He gave her his number and she gave him there house number.  He kissed her good bye and left. She waited happily for her mum to come out so she could tell her all that happened that day. She felt really happy. Experienced what it was like to have a father. It is was a officially the best day of her life.