Chapter Twenty_seven

It took a couple of months to plan a big wedding ceremony, but Henry and Charlotte made good use of the time. When the wedding day came,  it was clear and lit with the sun. Piper had done a marvelous job of coordinating  the lavish event. The wedding was unlike any swell ville had ever seen, and a  wonderful tribute to two people who had finally found each other.
"Okay, okay Charlotte you need to breath.."Piper her maid of honor said.
Only few minutes remained before Charlotte and Henry's wedding began. She was nervous.
"I can breath. I just need some air"Charlotte said.
Piper looked at  her knowingly.
Charlotte's phone vibrated displaying Henry as the caller.
She hastily picked it up.
"What is my bride grinning about, we haven't said I do yet" Henry said.
"How do you know if am grinning or not. You are not even here"Charlotte replied.
"I can feel it Char"Henry said.
"Everything about you makes me smile"Charlotte said"I love you Henry".
"I know"Henry said in that arrogant tone she was beginning to love"but you can never love me as much as I do you".
Charlotte adored him for being exactly the Man she had wanted.
"So I have got a wedding gift for you"Henry said"but you don't get it until after the ceremony".
"I have got one for you too but you don't get it till after the ceremony either"she said.
He grinned.
"alright man if we don't do this,  you two might not make it to the altar"Jasper his best man said.
"See you in a while babe"Henry said and hung up the phone. He straightened his suit and left with Jasper to the altar.
"Mummy everyone is here already. Daddy is waiting for you already"Kath said to her mummy.
"I see Henry waiting at  the end of the aisle and he is just as nervous as you are"piper said.
They stepped out of the car.
"Well here comes the bride"chance said"in the next minutes you will be Mrs Hart"
Happy tears jumped into Charlotte's eyes.
She hugged him.
"Stop crying or you are gonna ruin your make up. Congratulations again char"chance said.
"Walk with me"she told him.
With her Ray serving as her father, her daughter and best friends, Charlotte walked inside. Her beautiful gown twinkled in the sunlight, which took the chill of the day and gave everything a special glow. She smiled as she took her place behind the procession of bridesmaids, flower girls and ring bearers. The guest rose as lilting strains of the wedding march began to play. Ray escorted her down the aisle which seemed longer than before. He became her strength, without him she would have surely fainted. The guest looked at her, taking pictures of her dress, smiling at  her but one thing was for sure.. No one made a sound.
Up ahead Charlotte saw him, Henry, her future husband, her best friend, her everything, the love of her life. He stood taller, his shoulders back and his eyes fixed on her. If she wasn't mistaken she could have sworn tears filled his eyes.
Henry standing tall at  the altar had concocted, didn't smile at Charlotte. He watched her walk down the aisle on Ray's arm, on petals of rose Kath and the other girls tossed with great importance.
She felt herself tremble as Henry's gaze never left hers. It was as if she had waited all her life to take this work into his life, and nothing else will ever feel quite like it.
At the end of the aisle Ray hugged her and said"am proud of you" and presented her to her groom. He placed her hand in Henry's and smiled. Before he walked away he patted Henry on his shoulder.
Henry nodded his thanks to Ray for giving him his heart desire.
It was Henry decided as he took Charlotte hands in his the happiest day of his life.
The couple approached the minister who started the wedding programme.
It was time to exchange there vows.
"of all the places you have been and all the people you met, somehow,someway you ended up here with me"Henry began" you have filled my heart with joy and given me a sense of peace I never felt. You are my best friend, my biggest support and the biggest back up a  guy could ever ask of. Although today marks the beginning to the rest of our lives, I know it will not be enough time with you. I promise to make you laugh when you are taking yourself too serious. to hold your hands through the good time and thought the bad time. To be loyal and faithful. To give you so many beautiful kids.  and I promise when we are old and grey we will look back on our live together and we will have no regrets. From this day forward you will never walk alone. I will love till and after eternity".
"It has always been you"Charlotte began.
"today am marrying my soul mate and my best friend"she said holding back tears"as we continue to grow in our lives together, I promise to give you all my words when needed, to share in the silence when they are not,to pick you up if you are down, to love you unconditionally, to lay my bare skin on you when needed most, to care for you and our family for as long as we live, to adventure with you, to say I love you before falling asleep each night, to be the best mom I can be as we grow a family  together, and to always know in  the deepest part of my soul that when challenges arise we will always find our way back to each other. Henry you are my life and my everything, this is my promise to you. For now and after eternity I will always love you".
The ring bearer, Kath came forward with a wide grin and presented the rings. Charlotte placed Henry's own first and he did hers.
The minister proclaimed them husband and wife.
"You may now kiss your bride"he said.
Henry leaned in and kissed her slowly, he withdrew smiled at her and then kissed her fiercely wrapping his hand around her waist as her hands dug into his hair. The guest clapped as they watched them swap saliva.
Hours later, after the last shrimp had been eaten and the wedding guests feet literally hurt from dancing. Henry and Charlotte entered his car for an overnight pre honeymoon. They plan on going on a two weeks honey moon in Hawaii with Kath, Henry was very much looking forward to having his family all to himself.
"Thank you for marrying me, you have made me happy beyond anything I can say"Henry said.
She smiled at him and it went straight to his heart.
"This is for you"he said handing her over the papers to the new house he bought for there new family. Charlotte squealed with happiness for it was s big step towards the starting of there own family.
"And this is for you"she said"a surprise groom's garter".
Henry's eyes lit up "shouldn't I wait until we are alone?"
Charlotte laughed.
"No this one is g rated. And a little goofy but I wanted to make it memorable"
Pulling the garter off she handed it to him.
He was grinning until he saw what adorned the scrap of satin. Charlotte had attached a  pregnancy stick to the lace.
"Congratulation"Charlotte said"you are going to be a dad again".
Henry's heart swelled as he looked at  her, his best friend for always. Somehow you are a dad again  were the sweetest words he had ever heard besides 'I do. He couldn't wait to hear them over and over again through the years.
"Kath is going to have the first of many brother and sister to come. Lucky them to have such a special big sister". He said. She laughed heartily.
Holding his woman tightly as the car moved forward, Henry laughed out loud with joy.
"I love you Mrs Hart"he shouted hugging her tightly.
########
One more chapter to go guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I had  so much fun writing it. Remember to vote  comment❤❤