Chapter Two

The day was tedious; it was nothing but hours of notes. While the other day Seth and I spent the best time we've had together in a long while, now I was cold and annoyed. A headache was pounding at my skull from the stress at college and I wanted nothing more than to sleep.

Our chemistry project was due tomorrow and that did nothing to soothe my restlessness. Not to mention the calculus work I had piled up.

I was typing out a report when my phone buzzed beside my keyboard. I was too busy to look down until it buzzed again, then again. Impatient, I hurriedly checked my phone as texts rolled in from Seth. He was, of course, finished with his due work.

I held the phone to my ear.

"Did you hear the latest news?" His voice crackled through the speaker. Despite his brains and strategy, he never seemed to upgrade his phone. He's had the same dinky thing for years.

"No. If you couldn't tell, I'm working hard to get things done. After finals, all our grades are set in stone." I replied gently.

"As if I don't work my hide off either..." He drawled, I could practically hear the eyeroll, "...and that's besides the point. I asked a question, you know."

"Okay," I leaned back in my chair, "what's the news then?"

"A new museum opened up this fall... The Hall of Hazards, I think. Well, an asteroid barely missed again. I don't know the whole story, but something extraterrestrial came with the debris. It's in the museum now, and everybody's talking about it." I thought this was just another one of his tricks. I nearly fell asleep while he spoke, until something he said had piqued my interest.

"It's a person."

"An alien?" I sat up in my chair.

"I'm... Just, go see for yourself, as I've already seen it many times. I'm sending you the location now." There was a bit of shuffling on his end, then a vibration coursed through the phone.

"Gee thanks," I sighed, "right in my ear."

"Sure thing."

I glanced at the computer, where my essay was left unfinished. "You better not be tricking me again.."

He laughed on the other line, "Oh please. You're gullible enough to think I'm hiding a third eye."

"So you are tricking me." I raised a brow while he barked out a laugh. The sound was genuine.

"Not now."

I smirked. "That's what you said last time."

"You can see for yourself. People swarm the museum as we speak."

-

He was actually telling the truth.

Seth was a devious guy, always pulling pranks to get a titter. But this time, I stood in front of the Hall of Hazards and almost everyone in Pennsylvania was there. Some were muttering among themselves when others screamed excitedly.

The line moved faster than I expected. One minute I was standing outside in the chilly wind of fall, the next I was hugged by a comforting, warm environment.