9

"Ben!" you cried. "Where is he?" 

"Silence," your uncle hissed, holding his fingers so close to your head that they almost touched your skin. 

You tipped your head back and screamed. Tears streamed from your eyes as the agony of the torment you were enduring took over your sentence. 

"It'll only get worse everytime you say his name," he threatened. He had been threatening the same thing for hours - and stars, was he telling the truth.

But how would you go without speaking of him? Without thinking of him? Without thinking of the peaceful islands or the calming presence of the Jedi? 

"I'm sorry," you sobbed. "I am so sorry. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong."

"Don't lie to me, sweet princess..." he taunted. 

"I'm - I'm not!" 

He laughed and stopped the torture. Your head hung. You breathed in and out heavily. 

"He is never coming back for you, princess. You know that, don't you? It's over. Forget his name. Learn to be appreciative of what is here." He stroked your hair. "Tell me you know that he isn't coming back for you. Tell me now, or it'll hurt bad again."

"I-I know that he is never coming back," you whispered. 

"Good girl. But I know you aren't telling me the truth. You are only saying what you want to hear." He lifted his hand again. 

"No, no, please. I am being truthful! I promise, Alastor I-" Your sentence broke off with a blinding flash of white. You screamed and, as your eyes remained open, you felt the steady stream of crimson dripping down your head. 

/ / /

The current happenings had caused your mind to completely clear. You could remember everything now. Your step uncle had placed a veil over your mind to blind you from what he was doing, what he was causing. But now you were free. 

You had long since stopped trying to reach Kylo. It was clear that he couldn't save you. No one could. 

"Today is the big day," Alastor said, walking into the room for the first time that night. You looked at him. "It's a shame it has come to this, but the Supreme Leader insists that you will be executed by his hand. I promised him you were being trained back to your original glory, but he thinks that you'll just go right back to breaking all the rules and going against me again. I can't help but believe that he is right. Your sister will wait for the command from the general and Commander himself to retrieve you, then come and get us. Then you will be killed, and the Commander will wed your sister."

Before settling into his chair, he propped Kylo's lightsaber up on the table. You looked at it, then at him. Your eyebrows furrowed.

"I made you everything that you are. I taught you everything that you know. And you threw it away for the sake of what? The Commander?"

You didn't say what you were thinking, because he was waiting for you to say something that he could torment you with. So you remained silent - but you thought to yourself, 

What I did, I did for the sake of myself. 

It just so happened that the Commander was the one that showed you how to do things for yourself.

He settled down in front of you. 

"I gave you everything. And what did you to in return?" He tilted his head. "You threw it all away. Repeat that for me."