14

You could finally breathe.

So this was what it was like to be free. No Snoke, no mother, no Alastor, no Lucielle. No one here to threaten your life or strip you of freedoms.

There was a whole galaxy of possibilities laid out before you suddenly.

Your soul burned with desire. There was so much you and Kylo could do together. It was only the two of you, leading the First Order, doing with it whatever you pleased.

Out of the viewport of yours and Kylo's personal quarters, you watched your old home burn. The flames licked up the palace walls, consuming the silver pillars. The stained class windows shattered into thousands of crystallized shards.

You felt him stand behind you. His hands, now bare, touched your waist. You leaned against him, humming in comfort as his lips touched the top of your head.

"What do we do now, Commander?" you asked.

"That is up to you," he said. "I will go where you go."

"Hm." You placed your hands on top of his.

You thought for a long minute.

Let the past die.

"I want to end Luke Skywalker's life." You tipped your head back and gazed up at him. "He sent me to my family. Surely he knew what waited for me if I returned."

"He sensed the darkness in you," he said. "He feared what it meant for me."

"As he should have," you said.

"It never mattered. I was already too deep, Snoke had a hold on me. He realized that too late."

You squeezed his hands.

"Skywalker is no longer alone," Kylo said.

Your eyebrows furrowed. "Who is with him?"

"A scavenger girl," he said. "Snoke once attempted to forge a Force bond between her and I, so I could bring her in to kill him. It did not work. But she is strong in the Force. Luke is training her to be the next Jedi."

"What's her name?" you asked.

"Rey," he said.

Your eyes flashed. As he spoke of her, you could swear you saw her. Pale skin, brown hair falling around her shoulders. You stared at her face as if she were five inches in front of you. You heard voices.

And, as if she heard them, too, her eyes flickered to the side-

And she looked at you.

You blinked quickly, the image of her disappearing as quickly as it came.

"So we kill her, too," you said simply, your eyes on the stars. "It is time to let the past die."

THE END

COMING SOON:

BOOK II
CRIMSON PATH

BOOK IICRIMSON PATH

STARRING

GENERAL ARMITAGE HUX

CAPTAIN PHASMA

AND REY.