11

"Kill her, Commander!" Lucielle cried.

Desperately, she looked at him. He said nothing, he did nothing. 

"She murdered our Supreme Leader," she said. "She committed treason and so did you. You were given a second chance, do not make Alistor take matters into now own hands now! He will end your life the way he wanted to in the first place."

"Our step uncle is dead," you announced. "His body sits alone on the throne of our father's kingdom. Of my kingdom. Your threats are empty. If Kylo wishes to join my side," you paused a beat to share a look with him. His eyes softened as you said softly, "then he may."

She was horrified. "Kylo. She ended their lives. That makes you Supreme Leader, not her. She has no political claim over our people anymore. You have to kill her!"

He did not even glance at her. His eyes were on you. He could only see you.

You held out your hand. "Kylo," you said. 

Completely and utterly panicked, your sister yanked Kylo's cloak away and reached for the blaster he had been keeping in the holster of his belt. She grabbed it and removed it.

Kylo's hand stretched out to stop her. Before he knocked it from her hands, she fired, tears in her eyes.

She was not a professional by any means, and she didn't have the best aim.

Your sister shot at your feet and you jumped backwards, concentration breaking enough so that Snoke's guards were able to run freely at you, weapons ready.

Kylo lifted a hand, and his lightsaber flew from your grip. He took it and stabbed your sister through the stomach. She stared at him with horrified eyes before she slid off of the weapon and fell on the ground.

He looked at her and swallowed hard. 

"Kylo!" you shouted. You were now fighting the guards off with the Force and your hands.

He turned back to you and started to move. He swiftly cut his lightsaber through the guard's armor, moving in closer to you. 

Giving you a meaningful look, he nodded. You knew that he was telling you that yes, he would be by your side. He accepted that you were the new Supreme Leader. 

Once he was back to back to you, he guarded your life.

Memories of your past, of Ben Solo as your Jedi knight filled your brain. You couldn't help but compare the battles of the past and present. The way he would reach behind you and squeeze the inside of your wrist, just to be sure you were there. How he would glance at you when he could.

Only for this fight, you had no lightsaber in your grasp, and without it, you were completely dependent on your own use of the Force. You focused on hitting weak spots so that Kylo could take advantage and slay them, but it was easier said than done. Getting overwhelmed was inevitable. The guards piled on top of you, it seemed. They were completely aware of how unarmed you were.

As you used the Force to choke one of them, another caught you off guard. Your concentration was shattered and you were forced to your knees.

You cried out, trying to stand, but their arm hooked under yours and pressed you down. Another ran towards, you, weapon raised above his head.

Kylo swiftly brought the lightsaber down on the guard's arms, severing them completely. You grabbed the hand of the guard behind you and flipped him over your head. He hit the ground on his back and you finished him off. 

Then you glanced up at Kylo, hair wild around your face, and killed a guard that was rushing towards him. He turned to look. 

Out of the bodies, one rose. Shaking, it grabbed the weapon and stood. It took its position. 

You walked over to it, hand raised. 

He started to choke. He grabbed at his throat and fell to his knees. You closed your hand around the air.

You were sure that you must've looked like a monster. Your hair was a mess, your eyes wide, a trickle of blood going down the side of your face, although you were completely void of emotion. 

The guard dropped to the side and stilled. 

And with that, the fight was over. The throne room was in ruins, the guards dead, Snoke dead, your sister dead. You looked around the room before finally focusing on Kylo, who was already staring.

Out of breath and exhausted, you looked at him.

"Kylo-" you began.

He crossed the room in huge strides. Once he was in front of you, he hooked an arm around your waist and tipped you backwards, only slightly. Your arms hung at your sides. 

He kissed you sweetly, passionately. His mouth pressed against yours with all of his strength.

Your eyes fluttered shut and you returned the kiss, focusing on the feeling of his lips against yours. You deepened it by throwing your arm around his shoulder and lifting yourself up.

And you thought to yourself, Finally. 

He hoisted you off of the ground, holding you in his arms. You now leaned down to continue to kiss him, your hands flat against his cheeks.

You could feel how much he cared about you. You could sense it as clear as day. 

Breaking apart breathlessly, he stared at you. His hair stuck to his forehead. You pushed it away.

Slowly, he lowered you to the floor. 

Feet planted on the ground, you touched the side of his neck and stared up at him.

"Nothing got you, did it? You're not hurt?" You moved your hands down his chest and looked over him.

"No," he said. "No, I am fine." He reached up and pushed your hair off his shoulder. "I never imagined that I would see you alive again."

You raised your eyebrows. "Surprised the both of us. I realized something, Kylo. Snoke, Alastor, you, Luke Skywalker... they each taught me things in hopes I would destroy the other. This power was handed to me a long time ago. I only just now realized how I could use it. And I decided that I needed to use it to protect you the way I could not years ago."

You moved your hands from his chest, to his shoulders, to his cheeks, through his hair, and back again. 

"Snoke won't touch you anymore. He won't hurt you again. You can be Kylo or Ben, it doesn't matter to me. You can follow whatever path is set before you. I will follow you. You are my first friend and my only family." 

He smiled, cupped the side of your throat, and leaned down. Before his lips could meet yours, the doors opened.

General Hux shouted, "What happened?" His eyes sweep across the room, taking in the dead Supreme Leader, the murdered guards and princess, and then you and Kylo Ren, standing side by side.

His eyes center on you.

"You," he spat, reaching for his blaster.

Kylo stepped in front of you. "No," he said, swiping his hand. Hux's blaster flew across the room, clattering onto the floor. "The other one murdered Snoke." He gestured to your sister's dead body. Hux seemed less than convinced. 

"He nearly reconsidered her execution," he explained, gesturing to you, "and she became overwhelmed with jealousy. I stopped her before she killed me or her, but I could not save the Supreme Leader."

Hux looked at the corpse. "So now what?"

"She is your Supreme Leader."

"I beg your pardon?"

You stepped out from around Kylo Ren. "I believe the Commander was quite clear. I am your Supreme Leader now."

Hux scoffed and laughed. "You expect me to take orders from the princess? You expect to command my army? Absurd. Where is Alastor? Where-"

His words were cut off suddenly. With a jolt, he fell to his knees. His face grew red and purple as he choked.

"The Supreme Leader is dead," Kylo Ren said angrily. "You obey her now."

Hux grabbed at his own throat. "Long... long live the Supreme Leader."